• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Dec 2008
Cabin:
Traveled with children

New Years Eve Cruise. We went with our kids (13 and 8) and my parents (60's)

This was by far the worst vacation we've ever taken. The 10 night Spring Break cruise we had booked on the Lirica was cancelled as soon as we possibly could. Instead we booked the Carnival Triumph for less days , fewer ports and more money. We feel this is a better choice to spend our precious vacation time.

Pre-Trip. First my DH forgot the garment bag with his dinner clothes and our dd's dresses. We first noticed as we were arriving to pick up my parents. So we went back home about 1 hour out of the way. Finally we arrive in port and are unloading the luggage and my mother notices that her toiletry bag is not there. this held her passports and medicines, two things she could not board without. at this very moment my father's glasses broke. so off they went back home. This was about 2 p.m. they made it back just in time to miss the Muster Drill. Strangely the Muster Drill was held long before sailaway and before all passengers were on board.

small but adequate, bad location, 24 hour LOUD noise from neighboring service area!

Find an MSC Lirica Cruise from $129