3. Freedom of the Seas
We sailed on Freedom of the Seas, overall our experience was good, they try hard. One thing did make us nuts, the clerk setup our seapass incorrectly when we boarded. They put the $50 limit on our card instead of the kids, could have been a disaster! Fortunately the kids did not spend anything, but, every time we used our card our account was disabled because the balance was over $50! This went on the entire trip, I was in the customer service line ( sometimes very long) every day multiple times (every time we used the card to get a drink, even though it was free & in our package.) The customer service people only figured it out hours before the trip ended! They always said it was a computer glitch, bad card, ect. finally on the last day a supervisor figured out what was going on. I think they cut too much on staff quality; they need to pay more for a higher caliber of people. But they did have very good staff here and there, just not the majority. Our cabin person, and dinner waiters were top notch, very impressive. Also my wife has a gluten allergy, I will say that was handled very well. Even the worst food staff we encountered obviously had extensive training on allergies. It did seem a bit crowded at times, but not too bad. You would think with 5-6K people on the ship it would seem crowded. Many quality activities, things going on all the time. The shows were top notch. Next time we may consider a higher quality cruise line, maybe a smaller ship.

Great Time; Could Have Been Better

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by hampcb

Next time we may consider a higher quality cruise line, maybe a smaller ship.
hampcb’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Cabin was impressive, comfortable, well designed, we had plenty of room. Sort of like a 30' camper.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• Dolphin Swim
    Dolphin Discovery Grand Cayman
    We visited Cayman on Royal Caribbean, I think our visit to Dolphin Discovery was enhanced because we booked it ourselves instead of going through the crise line. The cruise line greatly discourages doing this “you could be left alone”, ect, many other warnings. However we had no problems. Getting a taxi to the location was easy & safe. We arrived well before the tour buses & got to start before the crowds. We stayed ahead of the crowds all day & did not even eat lunch with the crowd. The cost was much cheaper, watch for the specials. Booking it on our own helped us to afford the top dolphin experience package. I found the people at Dolphin Discovery were kind and helpful. I noticed in the gift shop a man with a cane told a clerk he needed to sit, there was not a place to sit anywhere around. I expected her to tell him to find something outside but she gave him her own stool from behind the counter, & then just stood while he sat. I was in there multiple times asking for things, free bag for wet swimsuits, ect, never a problem. At lunch we tried to save a little by just getting two bottles of water for four people, without asking the waitress brought us four cups.
    The kids loved the snorkeling with the turtles & the dolphin experience, being that close to the dolphins is a once in a lifetime experience. We had read they were overcharging for pictures, but they have come down it seems. We paid $79 for all pictures on a CD plus 2 prints. I thought that was reasonable. This was for two kids, we made sure they knew they were together. Also I took my own pictures and videos, but the ones they took were much better.
    View All 84 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Turtle Farm
    Kids Loved it! Get there early to avoid the cruise bus crowds.
    View All 307 Turtle Farm Reviews