We enjoyed our cruise and would recommend the ship. It is older as others have mentioned but the food and service are very good. People do care about making you happy. I do have a few comments:
1. Vista fixed time seating is great with great service. Open seating is less attentive.
2. HAL club really isn't for kids under 5. They have almost no toys and the activities are not that entertaining for those under 5. Also, they are very strict on the potty training so keep that in mind. Also the teenage area with video games was closed.
3. The entertainment was good. We enjoyed the Piano Man and Blues Club.
4. The Boat spends too little time in Ketchikan which is very disappointing. CELEBRITY arrived before us and left after us and still got to Vancouver before us. HOLLAND should adjust the schedule.
5. Holland does not advertise enough of the activities and excursions in the Seward area. We liked that area and Alyeska better than Denali.
6. The excursion people are not as knowledgeable as you would want. Make sure you book your excursions within the first 24 hours and adjust after that. Things fill up quickly.
7. The suites with verandah are very spacious. We loved our room.
8. As an aside the 4th of July celebration was disappointing. There really wasn't one. They could have at least had a band. Also, they were not prepared for how many people would want hamburgers.
This cruise is for an older crowd but we had a great time. Alaska is beautiful. This was our second Holland cruise and I am sure we will do another one but maybe when our son is older.
Great suite. Highly recommended. Very spacious. Lots if storage soace. Awesome service.
We drove and hiked. Definitely want to go back and stay overnight and spend more time there and in general area.View All 42 Kenai Fjords National Park Reviews
This was an awesome and very scenic train ride. It is definitely worth doing.View All 1212 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
We trekked the glacier. But the trekking wasn't as extensive as we hoped.View All 971 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
We did the glacier trek. It was awesome but we do wish we hoy to do more trekking and rappelling. Definitely a true Alaskan experience. It might have been our group or our guide or the rain, so I would say go. We won't forget the experience and it is much better than just landing and taking off again.View All 15 Trekking Reviews
We did the Salmon fishing. We had a great time and caught 5 salmon. It was delicious to eat when we got back home. Critics say you only partially fish and that is true but it was still fun. You real in the fish but the captain sets the line.View All 100 Fishing Reviews
Skip this. The seals are grest. The family and their boat are nice. But it is not the best place to see whales. See them in Juneau!View All undefined undefined Reviews