Oosterdam Cruise Review by ALP ALASKA
- Sail Date: June 2015
- Destination: Alaska
- Cabin Type: Signature Superior Verandah Suite
1. Vista fixed time seating is great with great service. Open seating is less attentive.
2. HAL club really isn't for kids under 5. They have almost no toys and the activities are not that entertaining for those under 5. Also, they are very strict on the potty training so keep that in mind. Also the teenage area with video games was closed.
3. The entertainment was good. We enjoyed the Piano Man and Blues Club.
4. The Boat spends too little time in Ketchikan which is very disappointing. CELEBRITY arrived before us and left after us and still got to Vancouver before us. HOLLAND should adjust the schedule.
5. Holland does not advertise enough of the activities and excursions in the Seward area. We liked that area and Alyeska better than Denali.
6. The excursion people are not as knowledgeable as you would want. Make sure you book your excursions within the first 24 hours and adjust after that. Things fill up quickly.
7. The suites with verandah are very spacious. We loved our room.
8. As an aside the 4th of July celebration was disappointing. There really wasn't one. They could have at least had a band. Also, they were not prepared for how many people would want hamburgers.
This cruise is for an older crowd but we had a great time. Alaska is beautiful. This was our second Holland cruise and I am sure we will do another one but maybe when our son is older.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
evening whale watchingSkip this. The seals are grest. The family and their boat are nice. But it is not the best place to see whales. See them in Juneau!View All 13,324 evening whale watching Reviews
Mendenhall GlacierWe trekked the glacier. But the trekking wasn't as extensive as we hoped.View All 888 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
TrekkingWe did the glacier trek. It was awesome but we do wish we hoy to do more trekking and rappelling. Definitely a true Alaskan experience. It might have been our group or our guide or the rain, so I would say go. We won't forget the experience and it is much better than just landing and taking off again.View All 12 Trekking Reviews
FishingWe did the Salmon fishing. We had a great time and caught 5 salmon. It was delicious to eat when we got back home. Critics say you only partially fish and that is true but it was still fun. You real in the fish but the captain sets the line.View All 92 Fishing Reviews
Kenai Fjords National ParkWe drove and hiked. Definitely want to go back and stay overnight and spend more time there and in general area.View All 37 Kenai Fjords National Park Reviews
White Pass Scenic RailwayThis was an awesome and very scenic train ride. It is definitely worth doing.View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews