3. Seven Seas Navigator
This was our second cruise ever, the first being on a huge Princess cruiseship. I was overwhelmed on the first cruise by the new experience and the size and the service. This cruise, however, was so much more intimate. 490 passengers and 350 crew. You never wanted for anything, and everyone was so nice and looked like they enjoyed their job on the ship. Three top notch restaurants plus the pool grill. They had a full-time naturalist onboard, and plenty of activities on the ship and off. All land excursions were included in the price (except for a few that involved flying somewhere). The destination staff had all the logistics in place so that everything went smoothly on land. We had the "cheapest" room with only a picture window view, but the room was beautiful and arranged well. Since it was Alaska, we never missed having a veranda, and actually had more privacy this way. The entertainment was good, and the show on the last day was called Krew Kapers, and was a talent show put on by the staff. The staff members did everything from native dances, to skits, to individual nightclub songs. The show ended with a number where the music was the song "We are Family" and that was the feeling you got on the whole cruise -- that you were part of a big royal family while on the ship. I would definitely cruise Regent Seven Seas again.

Just the right size ship

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by Cynthiaschaefer

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Window Suite

I would definitely cruise Regent Seven Seas again.
Cynthiaschaefer’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Navigator price drops

Window Suite
Cabin H 529
Great cabin -- never wished we had gotten a balcony.
Deck 5 Suite Cabins

• Taku Glacier Flightseeing
    My husband went on this one and enjoyed it as well.
    View All 13,314 Taku Glacier Flightseeing Reviews
  • Mendenhall Glacier
    This was actually a 3-part tour. First was the visitor center at Mendenhall Glacier and it was self-guided. Could have had more time there. Next our bus went to Chez Alaska, a small cooking school, where the owners told stories and demonstrated a salmon appetizer recipe. Next we went to the Alaska Beer Brewery and took a self guided tour there and sampled different beers. It was a nice variety of activities.
    View All 888 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Misty Fjords Flightseeing
    My husband did this one and really enjoyed it. He has owned his own plane also.
    View All 154 Misty Fjords Flightseeing Reviews
  • Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast
    Group tour. We ate crab before we went on the boat tour. The only thing I would have changed is to tour first and eat crab last.
    View All 121 Wilderness Tour & Crab Feast Reviews
  • Wilderness Sea Kayaking
    My husband went on this one, and enjoyed it. I think he may have gotten wet on this one also.
    View All 13,314 Wilderness Sea Kayaking Reviews
  • Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest
    This was an afternoon tour and conducted by a family owned tour boat company. Again, everyone on board was from the Navigator. It was very family oriented, and very hands-on (they had live starfish and other sea creatures to hold in your hands and examine). They provided binoculars to everyone, and there was food and facilities on board the ship. They went out of their way to make sure we saw as many otters, seals and whales as we could. We were running behind schedule at the end, so the boat simply cruised over to our ship and we got off right at the gangplank. Our boat sailed shortly after this.
    View All 68 Sea Otter and Wildlife Quest Reviews
  • Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float
    My husband took this tour, and had a good time, and I think maybe got a little wet, but hey, it was 75 degrees, so that was fine.
    View All 13,314 Chilkoot Trail Hike and Float Reviews
  • Street Car Tour
    This was my afternoon tour. Again, everyone on the streetcar was from the Navigator and we had plenty of seating. Our tour guide was a theatre major and was very dramatic in narrating the tour. She lived in town so she gave us the scoop on everything local.
    View All 44 Street Car Tour Reviews
  • White Pass Scenic Railway
    I did the White Pass Scenic Railway in the morning. All passengers were from the Navigator. We had plenty of seating available, so that you could move around to see whatever you wanted. Good narration during the trip. The only thing is that I would have liked to go to the depot and shop, but then I would have had to arrange transportation to downtown.
    View All 1,104 White Pass Scenic Railway Reviews
  • Vancouver
    We booked our flight separately from the cruise, and arrived in Vancouver the night before. We stayed at The Best Western Hotel Downtown, ate at the adjoining restaurant and simply walked around town to the beach. The next day we did more of the same, and took the hotel shuttle to the harbor where we embarked on the Navigator. Very smooth trip, no hassles.
    View All 670 Vancouver Cruise Port Reviews