3. Freedom of the Seas
Our large extensive family has done a vacation for the last 14 years - whoever can go joins, all are invited! There are 9 siblings (of the 7 still living 6 were in attendance!) We arrived in Florida from a variety of ways - some flew, others drove, one family lives in FL. My family of 5 (husband, wife, sons 21 and 23, and daughter 17) arrived at the port around 1:00 on Sunday. While there was a line to show passports and get our Sea Pass Cards and get through security it did continue to move... On board we were pleased to have missed the usual chaos of lunch in the Windjammer (cafeteria). We toured the ship, hugged some family members and got a few things settled before dinner. Drink packages - soda for my daughter was ordered in advance. Once on board we purchased a wine/beer package for my husband and a premium package for my 21 year old son. We ended the week (final two days) with a Royal Replenish package for teen daughter and two additional premium packages. While we are not big drinkers - the fun of trying new drinks, and enjoying icy cold beverages while at the pool was just fun. While expensive I do believe we got our money's worth overall. Our interior staterooms were just fine. We had adjoining rooms which was a plus for traveling as a family. Our Cabin Steward was attentive and left a variety of towel animals each night. I'm not one to sit out on a balcony so the additional cost would be a waste. Three must have items include nightlight, power strip, and over the door shoe caddy to keep all the little extras easily accessible for my family. A small portable fan is a plus for drying wet suits/shoes and just keeping the air moving in the cabin - it doubles for white noise as well. Our dinner service was excellent! Please check out breakfast and lunch in the main dining room too. They had large tables set up with fruit, granola, and hot breakfast items and for lunch a well stocked salad bar...all included. Food was delicious - lobster tails, steaks, and of course desserts to top it all off!! The performance team on board was great they did two shows with singing and dancing. One night they had Tony Tillman from "Rat Pack is Back" he was excellent, and one night was an illusionist. The ice show was spectacular. Our family just hung at the beach in Labadee, Haiti - you need aqua shoes!! In Falmouth we did the Chukka Zip Line at Rose Hall - fantastic!! It was the same cost as the zip line at Labadee but the different traverses and surprises up in the forest made it awesome! In Cozumel three of us went to San Gervasio Mayan Ruins then to the coast for lunch and a swim. In George Town Grand Caymen we went to the Royal Palm Hotel for a day pass. The cover charge was $2 and included bathrooms, showers, and ice water from a large cooler. The chairs ($8) and umbrellas ($15) were additional. We simply went down the beach a few feet and found shade under some large trees for free. The taxi to the hotel was $8 round trip per person. The fitness center had plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, weight machines and free weights. There were plenty of towels and containers with wipes to use following use. Common areas - bathrooms, pools, promenade, stairways, library, meeting rooms, bars were always spotless. I frequently saw workers cleaning, dusting, sweeping and being attentive to the physical condition of the ship. The night before departing we were given suitcase labels - there were 30+ stations so finding our bags was easy. We were assigned to depart at 8:30 and there was no big rush. Again a line that kept moving to return through customs - no biggie. Disembarkation was very smooth and efficient. Since we were such a large group we did have a meeting room on day one to meet and greet. We've already booked our cruise for next summer - I can't wait. Royal Caribbean out of San Juan!

Family Reunion Cruise with 70 Members

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Mindy87

Mindy87’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Ample space for two. Adjoining room 8687 had a bunk bed for the third child. Bathroom was adequate - generally just a fine space to sleep and shower!
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans