3. Freedom of the Seas
Just off the Freedom on Sunday. A few noticeable changes from the dry dock/renovations included some different art work in the stair wells. The Farrah's Lounge is now called the Star Lounge, and quite pretty. The C & A events were held there as well as Bingo. The Crypt club has been removed and Sabor's put in some of that space, along with additional staterooms. We asked for towel animals because of the children traveling with our group, otherwise they normally only do them twice, maybe three times during a 7 night trip. We were given our robes to use (without asking) and service in the stateroom was impeccable. The ship was sold out due to many Quinceanera celebrations as well as graduation celebrations. Needless to say, many many many 15 year old girls. The mermaid on the Promenade deck was still there but she looked like she had been painted as did some of the posts and walls throughout the ship. If you are a ship shopper they pretty much put out the same items throughout the trip, with slightly different sale options. Went to Bingo twice. The first time you had the option to buy a six pack for $40 and/or the electronic for $60. The win-a-cruise Bingo was $67 for the electronic and after they still had many of those left, they offered two additional electronic units for $40 (only if you had already purchased one for $67). Loved all the nightly shows. One was exactly the same as the years before. The Quest show was not nearly as provocative as in years past. We initially sat in the Isaac dining room, deck 4, and had horrible service. Only half of us were given menus. Our entrees were starting to be delivered when the rest of the dining room had already received dessert and were heading out. As such, we were not given coffee, refills on any water or tea and items were being taken off our table (butter, sugar, salt/pepper) before we started eating. The next time we moved to the 3rd deck into Leonardo dining and received the best service and food the remainder of the trip. We were on deck 10 in a balcony room and had an absolutely fabulous room steward. I have to admit though, on that particular itinerary and this time of year, if we were to do this again, I probably would not opt for the balcony room as it was so flipping humid it was even hard to enjoy coffee on the balcony in the early morning. Perhaps on the next one which will be in the winter. The balcony was good though to dry the bathing suits (I know, again the policy but everything was secured with boca clips and only while in dock). I do wish they would have put a bit more "uplift" into the common areas, particularly the swimming pools. They are starting to look a bit worn. Hopefully on the next dry dock they'll look into that area. Did not really notice too much of a change on the Promenade deck. The once Britto store is no longer and has been replaced with the Next Cruise office (instead of on one of the upper decks between the stairs). There was the R Bar, which I do not remember what that replaced. I did finally find the helicopter pad which is a fabulous place to take sunset pictures. My new little BFF (10 year old) and I thoroughly enjoyed going there and watching the sun drop, snapping pictures, and talking about the best part of each day. Can't believe I had never been there before. Oh, the cruise director, Jamie, was funny as all get go. I hope this helps some of you. She's always been a pretty ship and remains that way.

Probably the best service of the three times on this ship !

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Kema1005

Kema1005’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Even though the ship was filled with 15 year old girls we only heard them as we were opening our state room door. We were below the Windjammer Café and were not in our room during the normal "eating times" so never heard any noise. With that in mind, we did hear them cleaning, vacuuming, moving dishes and silverware, etc. upon them cleaning the Windjammer, which was about the time we'd be in our state room and sitting on the balcony before going to bed. But, once the balcony door was closed, we heard nothing. The only other negative, I like to keep the curtains open at night and this did not work so well when the people in the cabins to our left (1688, 1690, 1692) would turn on their balcony lights. Our headboard was on the wall of room 1684. We would not see their outside light on but could see the three rooms down from us. Easy fix though, flip onto my other side. Enough room to store our 3 suitcases under the bed and all our clothes in the closet and drawers. AC worked fantastic.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans

• Playa Mia
    Our friends we traveled with booked this mainly for the grandchildren but we had a blast. There was an obstacle course in the ocean (similar to the American Ninja Warrior TV show) ... a floating course. I had a hard time just getting up onto the thing let alone trying to get from one course to another but my 10 year old friend left me at the beginning where I scooted along from one bouncy thing to another. There were inner tubes and floats to use, a twisting water slide and a large swimming pool. Buffet lunch with juices were provided with our package and one person got the beverage package as well. The staff was extremely professional and friendly. Our costs included transportation to/from the beach area.
    View All 13,765 Playa Mia Reviews
  • Falmouth
    We walked in and around the port stores as we had never gone in through that port. Very nicely set up. Not high pressure sales. Unfortunately the Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee has gone up considerably in price so I did not buy as much as would have normally.
    View All 1,358 Falmouth Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Falmouth Cruise Port Review
  • Trolley Roger
    Absolutely loved this tour. We learned a lot about Grand Cayman and how the island operates (which apparently works for them). Out of the 55k people there they have only about 2200 unemployed, which says a lot. Banking is their #1 industry and banks are charged something like $350k a year by their government. Tourism is their #2 industry. Every cruise ship has to pay Grand Cayman $15 for each person on the ship (crew or passenger) and they sometimes have as many as 17 ships per week. Airlines flying into Grand Cayman pay $25 pp. There are no taxes, no sales tax, no income tax, etc. People who want to move/live there are granted a 7 year visa during which time they need to show what they can do for Grand Cayman. I.e., if they are going to start a business, get that going and start making a profit, in order to stay. Additionally, what we thought was amazing, everyone is given the opportunity for an education. There is no reason for someone not to go to school. It is free to everyone. English is their #1 language and people must learn it. No excuse. We learned so much in that hour tour - quite impressive actually. Would definitely do the tour again.
    View All 29 Trolley Roger Reviews
  • Labadee
    Dramatically changed since we've been there last. Clean beach area. Very rocky getting into the ocean, definitely want to have on some type of water shoes. Nice swimming area. The "market" is still high pressure and although we walked through it we did not stop at all.
    View All 1,818 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Originally from Orlando so love Canaveral BUT found a fantastic little motel in Titusville that we will plan on staying at for all future cruises !!! It's called Twin Palms Motel.
    View All 2,179 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews