3. Norwegian Star
The Baltics and the fine weather we encountered kept this cruise as a very good rating. However the Star customer service was average. The staff wore "Vacation Hero" pins. The one true Hero was our cabin steward "Ashok Naik". From day one he addressed our concerns and seeked alternative solutions. Our family had two cabins and one of the cabins was actually assigned to another steward,but he always helped and was attentive on both rooms. On the very first day my wife found lady's underwear, underneath one of the beds(thankfully it was within one hour of embarking) my 17 year old son and I were sharing the room. Ashok Naik was in the hall way and quickly apologized and took care of the issue(again he was not assigned to our room). In another occasion I was unsure about the announcement from Captain Fafalios relating to the Swedish Archipelago. I believed he mentioned we would enter the Archipelago at 4 am(I wanted to verify so I would wake up and not miss this beautiful opportunity on our itinerary. So I proceeded to deck 7 at the information desk. The first person I spoke to did not know anything about the announcement or the Archipelago, I asked him to inquiry. The second person he followed up with did not know either and had not heard the announcement! They made another phone call and apparently could not give me any information. The first person proceeded to say he's not heard of the Archipelago. I informed him its part of our scheduled itinerary and I would go to my cabin and retrieve our copy from NCL. Well as I retrieved my copy and left my room Ashok Naik is standing there, so I ask him. Ashok Naik knew what I was talking about and proceeded to tell me that it was about 3 hours of beautiful scenery as we came into Stockholm! Ashok Naik was a true Vacation Hero. He was very attentive daily and sincerely friendly. He truly made a difference. Captain Fafalios seemed good, he came on the PA system on occasions to point out sights and history, he also made available the front deck observation during the passing of the Swedish Archipelago.This was a nice treat. Ian and his assistant Lorena were excellent cruise directors. They were lots of fun! The rest of the staff really had a "not happy to be working attitude". Or if they were attentive, it was a routine and activity performed. Even the washy, washy people. We routinely approached them instead of they approaching us. Sorry NCL but we did notice the difference(we've been on the Pearl and Spirit.) Both times we had Captain Lars Bengtsson 2009,2012. Now this Itinerary did not disappoint. We arrived to Copenhagen and purchased train tickets to Central Station(20 minute ride). We proceeded for a 6 minute walk Copenhagen Crown nice and clean. We did not need a fan but make sure you request if its going to be hot. Good hearty Continental type breakfast. Walked to Central Station for embarkation day. Asked at central station for help and they advised me to purchase 2 zone ticket for Bus 26, then change to 27. It worked like clock work. On Warnemunde we reserved a car from Sixt(on the terminal ) and drove to Berlin. Very easy followed the GPS and had fun driving on the very pristine highway. I hit 160 kilometers(later found out 100 mph). We toured on bicycles with Fat Tire Bicycle Berlin Tours. HIGHLY recommend! It was fun and excellent way to enjoy the sights. Our guide was very informative and knowledgeable. Only complaint , wish we had more time. Tallin we had a walking tour with Traveller Tours best of Tallin. She was a student and was also very educated on the history of Tallin. We walked through all the key sites and advised us on a local eatery and great location for souvenirs. Be ready for walking on cobble stone, wear comfortable shoes. St. Petersburgh, Clearing customs took about 1-2 hours..so plan ahead it did set us back on our tour. We booked our tou with Tailored Tours of St. Petersburg , very clean and airconditioned van , Excellent Guide with major in history. Spoke very good english and the driver was excellent also, lots of traffic in the city. Great History on the Romanovs family as we took in the Russian sights and had a nice evening show "Feel Yourself Russian"-folklore. Helsinki was Posh. we toured aboard Hop on Hop off. very nice town, very walkable. Our ship entered the Swedish Archipelago at 4:30 am and it was worth rising up early! Beautiful serine views on a narrow path to Stockholm. Witnessed one cruise ship ahead of us on a turn, towering over the forest trees. Stockholm also toured via Hop on Hop off and took it straight to the Vasa museum. definitely a favorite. Then proceeded to old town. Disembarkation utilized the Hop on Hop off to get us to central station. Left our baggage again at Copenhagen Crown and proceeded to explore walking and the Hop on Hop off buses. Following day took in Tivoli Gardens and was pleasantly surprised , our best treat was Elton John performing that night. What a way to end our vacation. The following day walked to Central Station and boarded a train to the Airport. We had such an enjoyable experience with excellent weather the only rain we encountered, was on our drive back from Berlin to Warnemunde. We also had average temps of about 73 degrees. Coming from Texas 100, its heaven.

NCL-Star Baltics came in Average

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by parmen123

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Inside

Now this Itinerary did not disappoint.

parmen123’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Inside
Cabin IF 9563 ,9567
Cabin was kept clean, 9563 air conditioner worked average, 9567 was considerably cooler.
Deck 5 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins