3. Emerald Dawn
This was only the third time out for the lovely new Emerald Dawn and maybe this means that the staff were trying harder than normal, or maybe this is the norm? Anyway they were truly excellent. From the cases being delivered to our suite, to a fabulous chambermaid, Dana, to polite, professional front of house staff to well trained and thoughtful waiters, this felt like we were in a moving 5 star hotel. OK we had opted to stay in the more expensive Owners Suite but the overall quality of the boat was simply excellent. Breakfast and lunches were buffets with a wide range of choice and the evening meals, again wide choice, were superb. We really liked the size of the river cruise boats and certainly would not consider one of the big Ocean going cruises. It was lovely to moor right in the middle of town, in Cologne we were 5 minutes from the beautiful Catherdral. Late one night I wandered down to the pool to catch the last half hour of the film Some like it hot, I settled into one of the comfy chairs and within minutes a member of staff brought me a tub of freshly popped popcorn. That's the kind of service I like.

Excellent in every way