3. Norwegian Pearl
This was my first cruise, ever, and I had very high hopes for it. NCL not only met, but exceeded those hopes, on every front! The customer service seemed to go beyond service to actually caring about me, not just my cruise experience. The friendliness and great morale of the crew was obvious, which led to more enjoyment on my part. The entertainment was excellent, well-timed and varied enough to appeal to different audiences. I particularly enjoyed the freestyle cruising aspect of NCL, because that way I could eat at my convenience, which was important on excursion days. I also could either dress up or dress down, depending on the restaurant and/or my mood. The excursions were well worth the money, with friendly, knowledgeable tour guides, who added to the quality of each adventure. Also, the spa services were wonderful, especially after ziplining! One of the most important aspects to me, overall, is the fact that I was cruising solo and each crew member who found that out, immediately became extremely attentive. I never felt conspicuously alone, but always welcome and included, no matter what activity I was enjoying. This was my "trip of a lifetime" and because NCL was so amazing, I now am planning a second trip of a lifetime, this time for my 60th birthday. I can think of no better way of celebrating than on board ship, traveling to Alaska to via NCL!!!!

Alaska Cruise 2015

JanetHGreen37’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11602
I highly recommend the mini-suite! The roominess, as well as the shower with a bathtub, make it an excellent little home for the week. My room steward was the hero of my trip!
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Glacier Bay
    Glacier Bay is awe-inspiring, rugged, powerful beauty. Words can't describe this kind of majestic scenery...
    View All 749 Glacier Bay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Glacier Bay Cruise Port Review
  • Mendenhall Glacier
    Mendenhall Glacier is spectacular! I would have liked our time there to have been a little longer, which would have made it possible to walk out to Nugget Falls and enjoy it, as well.
    View All 889 Mendenhall Glacier Reviews
  • Whale Watching
    Our naturalist for the whale watching excursion was wonderfully knowledgeable and extremely engaged in making sure we had the best experience possible. We saw humpbacked whales, including a mama and her calf, seals, sea lions and bald eagles amidst the beautiful backdrop of the Alaska wilderness.
    View All 841 Whale Watching Reviews
  • Zip-lining
    My zip-lining excursion also included a ropes course. The ropes course was terrifying, because I'm afraid of heights, which is why I did it. The two guides - Kate and Jeff - were patient and extremely encouraging. By the middle of the nine lines, I was a pro, running off the platforms and flying to the next one. This was also particularly beautiful, as we got to zip out to a platform on the water, giving us a beautiful view of the area.
    View All 82 Zip-lining Reviews
  • Seattle
    Seattle is a wonderful city, from which to start a cruise. There are plenty of sites to see, prior to sailing, most well-recognized is Pioneer Square, Pike Place Market,and the waterfront area.
    View All 838 Seattle Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Seattle Cruise Port Review
  • Rafting
    The Ocean Rafting excursion was the best!!! It combined speedy (!) adventure and fun, with stops to view wildlife and amazingly beautiful waterfalls. We saw seals, sea lions, otters and bald eagles. Our captain gave us a thrilling ride, while our naturalist educated us about everything we saw. If you want an excursion that is not calm and sedate, but rather thrilling and heart-pounding, this excursion is for you!