3. MSC Poesia
As it says, this was my first cruise so I have no base line to compare. I thought the embarkation was a little slow booking in, but we were then boarded very quickly and had our first look around. The Poesia is a big, beautiful ship. There are 2600 people on , but plenty of room. There was a large buffet in the main dining area which was expansive, multi cultural and decent quality. It was a bit hectic finding a seat as everyone boarding wanted to eat, understandably. We were fed, settled and unpacked within about 2 hours- that seemed pretty good to me. First night in the formal dining room, our head waiter Hariz (from Indonesia) introduced himself and his team. They were charming, extremely polite and helpful- a real credit to the ship. The dining every night was excellent quality and a real pleasure. The only downside (for me) is that the pool areas are always too busy and a little noisy. But I am getting old! Overall the entertainment was excellent with great acts and- despite a majority Italian audience- managed to communicate with evryone. Disembarking was very straightforward. Packed luggage collected from outside of cabin, and an alloted time to leave the ship made it very quick and easy. Overall a really great ship and crew. Will definitely use them again.

First cruise- very good experience!

MSC Poesia Cruise Review by Mikebyrne

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom – Fantastica
As it says, this was my first cruise so I have no base line to compare.

Overall a really great ship and crew. Will definitely use them again.
Mikebyrne’s Full Rating Summary