3. Carnival Paradise
We took our grandsons on their first cruise and were very excited to show them a good time. The good: Our waitstaff at dinner were fantastic!! Kudos to George from Rumania and his staff. He went over and above to be the best waitstaff member that we've had in many cruises. The boys loved him! Also, I thought that the food was by and large very good. Lobster one night was yummy! The ship is old with a tiny pool and tacky decor, but the staff constantly cleans. They are very friendly and courteous. Our cabin steward however was nonexistent. The cabin got cleaned, but I only met him once on embarkation day. I wasn't overjoyed with his service. I called him and asked if he could bring a hair dryer as I didn't have one. He said that there was one in my cabin which was untrue. No dryer, no explanation. Also, there were an awful lot of drunks onboard by evening hooting and hollering. It's their vacation and they should be able to have a good time, but it just seemed that there were more on this cruise than I've encountered on other cruises. The worst problem that I had was at the start of our cruise. I registered a credit card online 2 days before the cruise. I rarely use it, but made sure that the bank knew that I'd be traveling. On Monday morning the day of the cruise a person from my office called and told me to call my bank fraud division. Two days after I registered my card with Carnival online it was being used for purchases in Pakistan! Needless to say it was cancelled and a new one issued, but not in time for the cruise. I had only my debit card with me for emergencies, but had informed the bank I would be on a cruise, so I was able to use it. I did tell customer services that someone had hacked my card after registering it online, but the lady was not interested at all. Everyone, please be careful!! This was really upsetting, and Carnival did not want to hear that their website was hacked. All in all it was a good cruise, and the boys had fun which is the important thing. I will probably not cruise on this ship again because it is so antiquated, and I may go back to Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or Princess next time.

It was good; it was bad.

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by hiyall

• Sail Date: July 2015
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite

hiyall’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Paradise price drops

Grand Suite
Cabin GS U89
A nice cabin with large balcony and room for four people.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins