3. MSC Armonia
This was my first cruise and I have to say, I'm off to a good start! The cruise route sailed around the Med calling in La Spezia, Mallorca, Ibiza, Olbia and Slareno, and lasted 7 nights. First things first, we were welcomed onto the ship and pointed in the right direction towards our cabins which were kept very well clean and tidy, with plenty of room. We headed out to explore the ship and there was a floor plan of every floor in every stairwell, making it essentially impossible to get lost and easy to navigate. We were booked into the restaurant Marco Polo, which served a decent range of high end, very good food. The waiters were incredibly pleasant and attentive. The shows in the theatre Fenice were of good quality, and just seemed to get better each night! There was a different themed party each night, either in the Bar del Duomo or by the pool, and the events were fun and creative, although it would have been ideal to know the themes before we left as we could have packed appropriately, eg all white for the 'white party'. The entertainment staff were great and always kept a smile on your face. Most of the bar staff were good at their job, however a few had there favourites, and weren't very subtle about it either, and would serve their mates before the bar-long queue, one fellow repeatedly did this in the disco, and would serve all the pretty young girls who had just walked up (this was quite irksome as I waited around half an hour at the bar at one point). The disembarkation was relatively smooth, however there was only one attendant jumping between 2 coaches trying to load up which made things take a lot longer than necessary. The last fault I found was not necessarily the staff's fault, but some of the customers were incredibly rude and seemed a bit dull, an example of which was when I was reading a map a couple just walked in front of me to read it themselves, blocking my view. Kids were talking in the theatre and their parents seemed to just leave them to it. Again, there isn't much staff can do in all of these situations, it just seems to be a European thing. The excursions would be on every day except Wednesday when we were sailing, and gave you the option of coach journeys to landmarks. They seemed a bit pricey for what they were, and in Ibiza found a boat taxi next to the port which took us straight to the town for a much lower price. I wasn't too sure as to whether the drinks package would be worth it, however after counting up all my receipts I'm definitely glad I bought it! It made the holiday a lot less stressful as I never had to worry about forking out extra for drinks, and saved just under half the price of the package as a result. The best part I would say was the animation team, who had events and competitions running a lot of the time, and were great at crowd pleasing. Overall, it was one of my favourite holidays to date, and I would very well consider it again!

First cruise - great start!

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Hedgy

Hedgy’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

The cabins were kept tidy and clean all through our trip, checked about 2/3 times a day, and the maid was extremely pleasant to talk to. There was plenty of room for what we needed, and an English news or film channel (with some surprisingly new films - some no more than 2 months since release) gave you somewhere comfortable to cool down from sunbathing
  MSC Armonia Deck Plans