3. Norwegian Epic
Let me start this review by saying Norwegian used to be my absolute favorite cruise line. Now however, they are simply just like the majority of others. They seem to be very focused on making as much money as they can, even if it means charging for things which used to come with the standard cruise experience. It reminds me a lot of what we see happening with the airlines. Services which used to come with the price of the cruise are now suddenly an additional charge or have to be specifically requested. I am not saying Norwegian is the only line operating with this business model, because they are not. I am just more disappointed in the behavior from them because I thought they held themselves to a higher standard. All of that said, I loved the solo cabins. They are just the right size for one person and super cute. It was like traveling in a futuristic space pod. The lounge was also a wonderful perk. The food was average altough my favorite place to eat was actually the pub. I usually really enjoy the dining room experience but the service was just not present. Shows not to miss would be: Howl at the Moon and the Cirque Dinner...so worth the money and the food was great. I hope the slide to pay more and get less will stop soon because I thinking cruising is the best way to travel.

Awesome Solo Cabin on an Average Cruise Line

Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Sdt523

Sdt523’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Epic price drops

Studio
Cabin T1 11519
Loved the cabin but the room steward was not the best.
Deck 12 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• City Tour
    Sort of dragged along and seemed to be designed to herd people and not maximize time to see sights. Most people left the tour to go out on their own the first chance they got, including me!
    View All 254 City Tour Reviews
  • Nice, Eze and Monnoco
    I booked this excursions with the web site shareshoreexcursion.com. It could not have worked out better. They contract out to different companies and we were lucky enough to get Jean Marc who works with Dream Tours. He was outstanding. He avoided all the riots and traffic taking place around us and recommended an additional stop which turned out to be everyone's favorite. Also, because his company was based in Monnoco and had Monnoco plates, we got access to places most tours do not get to go. Would recommend 100%!
    View All 13,589 Nice, Eze and Monnoco Reviews
  • Cinque Terre
    This was an excellent tour. Lovely and relaxing!
    View All 92 Cinque Terre Reviews
  • Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii
    This was an absolutely wonderful tour. I booked with a shared group through Rome inLimo and our driver was Giovanni. Finally I got to meet that stereotypically Italian who thinks all woman are beautiful and reacted totally off color. If he was not a harmless older gentleman it might have been a bit different, but he was a hoot. We saw all the sights listed, had a wonderful lunch, and he even sang to us as we drove along the beautiful scenery. Defiantly one to remember!
    View All 13,589 Sorrento, Positano, and Pompeii Reviews