• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

Editor Rating
10 Awards

All On Board Beyond Expectation, But...

Review for Queen Mary 2 (QM2) to Transatlantic
Ole-Michael
First Time Cruiser • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin: Princess Suite

If it was not for the poor experience of embarking and disembarking for this first time surface Atlantic crossing was absolutely great.

I realize that it is not all that easy to have many hundred people embark and disembark but it rerally soured my experience. I travelled in Princess Grill class cabin No. 10068 and received the instruction to arrive at the terminal at 12 noon, which I did only to find that it was already very difficult to get close and thus had to carry my luggage quite a way to the baggage drop. Then a long cue and once I made it inside the building my ticket was checked and I was directed towards a long zick zack cue with hundreds of passengers standing in line.

The fast track which I was actually entited to was not marked and anyhow I was directed into the endless cue. Not for me I decided as I was not prepared and able to stand in line that long. I talked to the ticket controller and she told me that I could sit in a waiting area until there would be less people. The cue grew even longer.

Princess Suite

Cabin P1

Beyond expectation. Very comfortable with endless storage space.

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $349