3. Explorer of the Seas
We recently returned from a 12 night cruise on the Explorer to the Canary Islands, Morocco, and Spain. The reason we selected this cruise was that our vacation time is limited and the Canaries are rarely visited during the summer months, I don't know if RCCL is slipping a bit, or it was the ship, or because of the mostly UK guests, but from our perspective the food especially was pretty bland and uninteresting. NO AMERICAN BACON for breakfast - heartbreaking for a woman who only eats bacon on a cruise. Now that's not to say that we (my husband and I) didn't enjoy the cruise or couldn't find enough to eat, it was just not quite what we expected. We've done over 40 cruises and are diamond plus with RCCL. We've also done cruises from the UK that were also predominantly from the British Isles before. The best things about the trip were the people we met, the ports (except for Agadir, which deserves a minus 100 rating, avoid at all costs) entertainment and the wonderful service. We played some pretty serious trivia with my brother and new friends from Australia and England. If you read this John, Angie and Dave, drop me a line. Lanzarote was outstanding and every other port interesting. Embarkation and debarkation easy and smooth. In general a very nice cruise except for the food. I guess that I should be more specific about the food. Very heavy on starches, limited selection of fresh fruit, very limited selection of fish for dinner, ordinary and bland deserts, they ran out of cookies at the Windjammer every day, limited options for pizza, NO AMERICAN BACON, pastries were heavy and not much variety of fillings, and the self serve ice cream machine was very thin and watery. One bright spot was the Indian food and the evening selections at the Windjammer - much more interesting. I hope that the readers find this review helpful.

Explorer of the Seas and the Canary Islands

Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by violinsatsea

In general a very nice cruise except for the food.

I hope that the readers find this review helpful.
violinsatsea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was exactly what we expected since this is our usual choice. Very nice.
  Explorer of the Seas Deck Plans