3. Celebrity Constellation
I travelled with my daughters mother in law, we're both single in our early 50's, neither of us had cruised before. I did not really know what to expect but had high expectations from what others had told me about Celebrity. Food We chose select dining and loved this option, and would choose again. On our first night we sat on a table for 2 and ended up talking to the couples on either side. So the second night we shared a table and continued with this for most nights. It's a great way of meeting others and other people's lives always seem more exciting and interesting than your own. The standard of the meals was very good, with only one miss. One night 6 out of 8 of us ordered steak and we were all disappointed. My rare was very well done and did not have any flavour. Having said that if you spoke up the staff were more than happy to replace your meal. We chose to dine in ocean liners one evening and had a beautiful meal. The service was excellent one waiter was particularly good but another was too "fawning". Maybe people who are not used to "fine" dining expect this, I'm not sure. For fine dining I expected it would be silver service, but no. I liked the casual option where you could get a piece of fish, chicken or steak cooked on the spot. A great idea. Bars Loved, loved the martini bar! This was our favourite place to congregate, and we made some new friends there who we hope to keep in touch with. The staff there were excellent, particularly Gede and Atura the boys from Seminyak in Bali. We also liked the bar at the rear of the boat (mast bar?) and enjoyed our ritual of having a drink while we set sail after a hard day on shore. Beverages We purchased the premium package and whilst it seemed pricey we certainly enjoyed sampling many different cocktails as well as enjoying wine with our meals. I feel the cruise line should offer a free bottle of water as a courtesy to all passengers as they leave the ship when in port. It doesn't need to to be Evian. And there should be a complementary bottle of water in the stateroom. Most hotels provide this. I have to say I was disappointed with: *the tea served throughout the ship. I do like good tea and have never heard of most of the brands available. The Earl Grey wasn't not drinkable. So if your particular take your own teabags! * the coffee served was not drinkable unless you purchased from Al Bacio * the juice (so so sweet) served in the buffet dining area was particularly bad too We ended up using our beverage package in Al Bacio and at the bars to purchase coffee, fresh juices and smoothies. A fellow traveller, American, said the cruise line caters primarily for Americans, who apparently like that kind of juice(?) Cabin We were in cabin 2001. This was next to the staff door and below the theatre. It was not noisy. The bathroom and cabin were very clean and well maintained by the excellent cabin attendants. The bathroom was a little tired and could do with a revamp though. The ship appeared to be very clean and it was good to see such a strong emphasis placed on hygiene. I'm still using paper towels on door handles! Entertainment Most performances were excellent. I enjoyed seeing Steve Stephens, very talented. The Scottish illusionist (mmm don't think so) was entertaining too. And on our last night we had the “Beatles”, all very enjoyable. The dancers were well rehearsed and the singers on the whole were good. We spent several evening in the reflections bar/night club. The bar staff were fun, I even spotted a few dancing. The live band provided good music on the whole but they do seem to play the same music most nights. The DJ was happy to play requests when he had them in his library. They did play a lot of salsa music which is great if you have a partner to dance with. Having said all that the place was usually empty by 12.30 except for the diehards. And the staff even packed up around us one night, though it was after 2am. The average age of travellers was between 50 and 70. Another review said that most of the clientele are upper middle class. I'm not sure of that. Staff The staff are very attentive and always acknowledge you, lovely to see. The staff all appeared to enjoy their roles. Photographers The photographers were on the whole irritating, I'm not sure if they are a company Celebrity has a contract with or what.. I come from a retail sales background and have to say they were pushy. On our first day one jumped in front of us as we were disembarking saying, “this way ladies”, I actually thought they were part of the crew telling us where to go etc, when all she was trying to do was flog a photo. The pictures are very expensive too $20 a pop. Wow! Hard sell There is a lot of selling on board which unless you can switch off from it could distract from your cruise. I feel if Celebrity are not careful this could bite them on the bum. Shore excursions Very very expensive. On my next cruise I will do a lot more research about the ports we are to dock at. Obviously at some ports you are not allowed to get off and walk through and then I would certainly utilise the excursions offered. Not enough information is given about what is available at the ports, obviously they want you to choose theirs. The tours we went on were on the whole very good. The guy we had in Rhodes was excellent, he loved his job and telling people about his island and was happy to give you more than what you had paid for. We enjoyed the places we visited but another sea day after Santorini would have been good. I am already planning my next cruise and plan on going with Celebrity again.

Great First Cruise

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Igetseasick

Food

We chose select dining and loved this option, and would choose again.

Bars

Beverages

I have to say I was disappointed with:

* the coffee served was not drinkable unless you purchased from Al Bacio

Most performances were excellent.

The dancers were well rehearsed and the singers on the whole were good.

The DJ was happy to play requests when he had them in his library.

The average age of travellers was between 50 and 70.

Staff

Photographers

The pictures are very expensive too $20 a pop. Wow!

Hard sell

Shore excursions

The tours we went on were on the whole very good.

I am already planning my next cruise and plan on going with Celebrity again.
Igetseasick’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Cabin 2001
Very clean, beds very comfortable, but not as much space as a hotel room. Bathroom was very clean but tired.
  Celebrity Constellation Deck Plans