Allure of the Seas Cruise Review

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by islander14

• Sail Date: Jun 2015
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony

Well lets start with the good points, Ronald L in the dining room was spot on. Also Lilia out cabin steward was good also.

I have filled out 3 RCCL surveys on the website that say someone will be in contact within 48 hours, well I wish someone would reply it wouldn't have prompted me to write a review here. They obviously don't care anyway, but it might help someone else make up there mind for a future cruise.

For one the ship is to big, they have lost that personal touch. Not sure if they had it as its my first time cruising RCCL, I cruise often this was my first on RCCL.

The wait staff in the dinning room that seat you must be in training out of high school, they walk around the dining room with a map in there hands trying to seat you, very unprofessional. The entertainment is well OKAY, the staff that they use for the promenade deck shows etc. are doing the shows well showing how uninterested they are in being there. The headliner show, called the Bohemians and then something trying to reenact Queen shows up on stage, disaster... I think in the first 20 minutes one quarter of the theater left. I asked for a diet coke in the Amber theater they said they don't have them, but go to the Comedy club about 50 feet away from the theater, and I could get a diet coke. Amazing.

The shore excursions are priced out of this world, don't know how a family of 4 or 5 can afford them. They like to price gouge, I had signed up for the daily spinning classes in the gym for $25 a class, I done 3 and didn't show up for the fourth and get charged half price. Greedy.

On the formal night we get dressed up and get our pictures taken, we go to pick up the pics the next night and to see a RCCL banner going across the picture. Just what I want in my living a pic of my wife and I all dressed up with the RCCL logo across the pic. Maybe the should tell people what the pic would look like. Oh and they don't have laundry facilities on these ships, yup you guessed it have to pay to get laundry done and because there's no laundry facility there's no iron, so yup have to pay to get things ironed.

Hope this helps someone, hey I might even get a response from RCCL.

Eddie

islander14's Full Rating Summary

Boardwalk View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin B1 11721

Cabin was good it had a view of the aqua theater. And pretty quite.

islander14