3. Celebrity Summit
Here is our review of what Celebrity has painted for us on our first cruise ever. Our guestroom attendants Meredeth and Jonathan were wonderful. That was the only thing about this cruise that stood out on a positive note. Let's talk about a few issues we had on this ship. Our spa experience was awful. We spent almost $500 on massages for my wife and I and both were cut short about 20 minutes and therapists were not very good at massaging. We know this because for the past 8 years we have been getting massages on a weekly basis. Waste of money spent with the Canyon Ranch Spa! We didn't realize that our massages were cut early until we mentioned it to each other later on that night and so we went to guest relations to let them know and they said that they would have the spa manager call us. We are now off the ship and done with vacation and still have not heard from them. The shows that this ship put on were very cheesy and not entertaining at all. It seemed like these shows were intended for a much older crowd... like retired! Our younger kids had a good time at the Fun Factory and were treated well but were limited in things to do. Our teen was extremely bored at the X-Club. Internet Wi-Fi was HORRIBLE at best, we had complained and were issued a refund but not without a guilt trip from the staff. Our dining experience in the buffet/café was limited at best. We had one night where we made reservations at the dining room (Cosmopolitan) and were in awe about the blandness of food. Had no taste whatsoever. I wasn't interested in even ordering an entrée but felt like I was forced to from our waiter. I didn't eat there again, but my wife and youngest went there to eat and she actually had one item she enjoyed which was the risotto. She asked for a second portion of it and even though the waiter gave her another portion he gave her a dirty look about her ordering a second portion and made her feel like she did something wrong. Absolutely an awful experience. So we were pretty much forced to eat in the café the entire trip and was pretty much settled on having the same variety of limited items served while being bumped and shoved by people wanting the same popular items. 20 minutes standing in line waiting for fried rice was ridiculous, especially with three kids in tow. Most of the time we gave up on fresh cooked food to avoid the line wait and just ate the hotdogs and burgers they were serving on the outdoor pool deck. Not a great eating experience at all! If I knew that it would have been this bad and ruined our family vacation for this year I would have never spent over $8,000 of my only savings on this trip with Celebrity. Now don't get me wrong, my wife and I are not picky people at all, but when you spend this much money on a family vacation you would expect a certain standard from the trip. All of these standards were barely met and some were just downright disappointing. Never again, and I would not recommend Celebrity to anyone!

Avoid Celebrity

Ages 13 to 15
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 8181
The cabin was a bit outdated but the room attendants were great! This was the only enjoyable feature of our trip.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins