3. Pride of America
We took the Pride of America to four islands of Hawaii in June 2015. I took my children, my boyfriend and my 80 year old grandmother. I bought a family suite which had a butler and a concierge. Both of which were fairly useless. Halfway through trip the air conditioner stopped working in our room and we didn't have ac in our room for over 10 hours. We also did not have any windows to open. I was so sick I vomited from heat. The food was awful! I lost 8 pounds! At night when I was starving because I couldn't eat the crappy food through the day I would go to the Aloha Cafe which should be fully stocked until 11 p.m. By nine something it is practically empty and they don't try to refill it. They entertainment was okay...not great by any stretch! And don't even get me started on Splash Academy. All day long until 5 o'clock your children will sit in one room with mostly preschool toys. It is nothing more than glorified group babysitting. They have them doing drawings and silly crafts all day. If you don't care if your children have a good time on vacation this will work. My kids did a day and a half and I couldn't do it to them anymore. We do Beaches resorts they absolutely loved the childcare they offer while we're on vacation. I can hardly get them to hang out with me. They were so bored and unhappy . They turn off or restrict access to water fountains on the ship. You are not allow to fill your water bottle from them. You get one bottle of water in your room at check in. They charge you $50.00 for a case of water! The toiletries are cheap and dry out your hair. I had a horrible and expensive massage. Our Deluxe coffee maker also broke which was never replaced. Every time I ask the butler to do something it took two hours, by that time i had done it myself! And to top everything off my grandmother has wheelchair assistance. We had a butler and priority disembarkment. But my grandmother didn't even have a wheelchair for an hour she stood in pain until I completely flipped out and got one myself. Which by the way was one floor up with two employees standing by it. ????? Why is my grandmother crying in pain right now?!? Then after we went outside to get our luggage it was in the wrong place even though we had done everything correctly. And where was my Butler to help with the luggage and to get my grandmother a wheelchair?? I will never know! When I left the ship it was great. Hawaii is beautiful and excursions were amazing and worth the money. But if I have to pick 1 word to describe the Pride of America it would be CHEAP. I went to a show and the cruise director Jasper was trying to get the audience more involved. So we decided to have a challenge. One side of the room vs the other decide that cheer the loudest got free drinks. Well everybody did what they were supposed to do and when it was time for Jasper to handle the free drinks no one got them. He brought out one drink with 50 straws in it and said that's the best he could do. Really?? Im paying eight to eleven dollars per drink and too much to be on here in the first place. How cheap can you get? I found that rude and without class. I paid a LOT of money for this cruise. I got totally ripped off! Don't be me! Don't step foot on the Pride of America! You will contemplating jumping over board!!! My favorite part was leaving!

My first and last cruise!

Pride of America Cruise Review by Gemstone3237

Ages 10 to 12
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

2-Bedroom Obstructed View Family Suite
Cabin SJ 7592
The cabin was ok. Sand in the closet and a hanger on the window that wasn't ours and some papers under the bed when we arrived.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins