3. Avalon Tapestry II
My husband and I travelled with my brother and his wife on a 7 night cruise from Paris to Normandy and back. We have done several cruises before, but this was our first river cruise and loved the smaller, more intimate style offered. We had rooms 321 and 324. While the rooms were small, we found we weren't in them all too much and were quite comfortable. We loved the layout with the beds facing the wall of windows! What really stood out to us was the staff. Our servers (Shady, Mihai and Elvis) quickly learned our preferences for beverages and were attentive and welcoming each and every time. The Captain greeted us each and every time we boarded the ship after a day spent on shore. I had my hair, eyebrows and lashes tinted by Anette for a very reasonable price. She made me feel and look beautiful! Our room steward kept our cabin spotless and well stocked with complimentary water and bath amenities. The food was delicious from start to finish. There are plenty of choices to appeal to all tastes and the free pouring wines and beer at dinner were an nice inclusion. Chef visited each table every evening and was present during the ample morning buffet. Our cruise director ensured that everything ran smooth, no easy task for 100+ people, all with their own wants and needs. I don't know when she had the time to sleep, but she was always present with a smile on her face. After cruising with Avalon, I am hooked and have already researched other cruises they offer that we are interested. Well done!

Exceeded All Expectations