3. Grand Celebration
Well lets start with this. The best food we had on the ship was at the late buffett. Decent chicken wings and onion rings. The first meal I ordered was only made edible with the bacon and the sauce. Over cooked and extremely small portions. Yes I know cruise ship small portions I understand and wouldnt really think anything of it if it was cooked correctly. So I ordered a steak Medium rare. That too came well done. The second dinner I had was seared tuna salad. Lots of filler maybe a spoon full of seaweed and 4 of the smallest slices of seared tuna I have ever seen. More appropriate as an appitizer. So I tried a steak again. This time opting for Rare. I will give them that there was a sliver of pink but for a rare steak that was a dissapointment. Breakfast was disapointing no matter where you went on the ship. I tried to eat the buffet breakfast and it was ...well buffet breakfast so I got what I asked for there. Then tried the dining room with another buffet but you can order eggs. Ordered eggs benedict. It was sour. Orange juice was very watered down. For lunch I tried the burger and hot dogs on deck and got a well done burger and some cold fries. The hot dog was actually a good size but I have tasted better gas station hot dogs. "Entertainment" I really wont even get started with that. The only entertainment we enjoyed was in the piano bar. I think her name was Tonya she was short and Very funny and unfortunately wasnt on our return voyage. Now My biggest issue on the ship was an A/c issue on the first night. All the rooms were hot and heard many guests complaining after I had to go to customer service because a server in the casino gave me someone elses ship card after I ordered a drink. So I know I wasnt alone on this. Embarkation in Palm beach. Security is tight and no real line just right when you come in the door is the metal detectors. so we checked bags and got onboard easy enough. But we arrived early. Disembarkation in the bahamas. Another big issue We got off at 10 to go to the resort. Rooms wont be ready till 3.... ok so we assume a late checkout no big deal. they send you to a room to leave your luggage on racks with attendants. I didnt experience any issues here but I could see issues not being a big surprise. Luckily our room was ready before 3 our friends wernt so lucky and had a nice little wait as all the other guests checked in at 3... So we are awakened on our last morning at the resort by housekeeping. Checkout is at 10am........ 10am-3pm to clean rooms. I will simply leave the comment of LOL. We scheduled our transportation via direct bus transport on the ship from the resort at 12:30... so another 2 and a half hour wait to go nowhere. so we wander the market and get breakfast at a little restaurant. We go back at 12:15... there is still a line for 12:30 passengers Behind the line for 12:00 passengers that were not picked up... so we grabbed our baggage and jumped in line.... FInally at 1:30 we get on a bus. We arrive at port and manage to make it through scurity and customs with ease. Disembarkation back in Palm beach. The line off the ship was backed up from Customs all the way inside the ship. It took 3 hours to get off the ship. Once we got 1/2 way through the line we find out there is another line for passengers with passports and passport IDs. not only that but Ship officers and crew would pass by everyone in line transporting crew getting off and even refreshments for the new guests about to come aboard. Customs handled us very quickly so I dont think that was the issue. In Summary I met a lot of folks who took this voyage as their first cruise. I would not recomend it as it might turn you off to cruising all together. If you dont mind dealing with sub par cruising as a quick vacation then by all means go ahead but I wont be doing it again.

Spend your hard earned money on a better cruise.

Grand Celebration Cruise Review by wdavis2015