3. Celebrity Infinity
Celebrity Infinity, #8108. Built 2001, Last Drydock 2014 ~90,000 Tons 2,170 to 2,604 passengers Modern Luxury Theme is an oxymoron when their WIFI, to quote Mr. Spock from City on the Edge of Forever, “is worse than stone knives and bear skins.” The reservation process with this cruise was very frustrating. Onboard, they told me that the room was 205 square feet, but when we returned home, Celebrity.com said it was 191 square feet. She also stuck us in a room with a very tiny irregular balcony. Basically, it should have been demoted to a regular Veranda room, not a Concierge Class 2 that we paid for. The sales agent told our TA that we could keep an existing $300 OBC in addition to the promotion, but the very next day she denied it. After hours on the phone, our travel agent spoke with a new person that gave us another $100 OBC and a coupon book. But the original sales agent shouldn’t have changed her story. Very small room. We did a Back to Back first on the Star Princess in a Mini-Suite, post night, then on to the Celebrity Concierge Class. Basically, we liked the floor plan and the 100 extra square feet better on Princess, and preferred the amenities in Celebrity’s Concierge Class. Great way to compare two lines. From the floor plan perspective, Princess has a huge advantage for us because they offer mini-suites, on Celebrity, they don’t offer Junior/Mini Suites, and we must pay a whole lot more to move up to a Sky Suite (considerably more expensive (but smaller) than the Junior Suites on Royal Caribbean, but you get a lot more amenities with the Sky Suite). Celebrity maintains their equipment a lot better than Princess. We had working elevators the entire cruise! And believe me, walking into that small Concierge Class room after two weeks on a mini-suite on Princess was a shock! We’ve been in only one other Concierge Class room, and that was even smaller than on Infinity. Another point in Celebrity’s favor. Free meclizine We got the Concierge Class, annoying tiny balcony room but with benefits: priority embarkation while not much good since we didn’t embark until 3:00 pm, fruit in room, welcome sparkly, rose on formal night, real luggage tags you order! Television was faced at right angles to the sofa, so the least uncomfortable way to watch television was sitting on the corner of the bed. But the huge problem the first night was no mattress pad on the bed. Talk about uncomfortable! After struggling with the problem for hours, we called Guest Relations about 2 AM! Housekeeping Night Staff appeared and fixed us up with some mattress pads. We also saw the much welcome return of turndown chocolates! Our cabin steward did a fine job! She found us two tempurpedic pillows. Somehow, the Norovirus procedures must have stopped the ice we requested. Strange since Princess also had norovirus procedures and managed to get us the ice. We had the worst embarkation in 23 cruises! While we got six voice mails telling us of the late embarkation, we arrived the usual time and had to stand in chilly weather outside the terminal for 30 minutes. Part my fault, since I didn’t check my cell phone until we arrived at the terminal. Note to self, check voice mail, if delay, grab a sandwich before heading to the terminal. While checking my voice mail in the bathroom, someone stole my phone case while my back was turned. I’d placed my phone case on the bathroom sink while washing hands, and turned my back, when I reached to pick up the case, it was gone. We went through the gauntlet and got our seapass cards. Then we found some seats in the terminal and waited for three more hours. Good thing we arrived at the normal time, because there were not enough seats in the new pier to hold all waiting passengers. Around 2:30 pm, we heard an announcement about a delayed embarkation, and suggesting we leave the terminal to eat lunch. But there were no restaurants nearby! Also, we’d have to hassle with security again. I don’t understand why they couldn’t provide sandwiches from the ship. I’ve seen cookies and danish provided in the embarkation lounges before. But this time only water, maybe more norovirus hassle. They let us in our rooms around 4:30 and had the muster drill at 5:00 pm. After a long tiring day, at least we could do muster drill inside. Room service - nice selection on their breakfast menu, but don’t ask for anything not on that menu, because you won’t get it. Elite Breakfast - Very slow service at first. But they got better after we tried to troop out. They grabbed me by the arm and led me to a table. We had norovirus Celebrity and the also on the Star Princess we’d disembarked the day before. They did things pretty much the same, serving food, no salt and pepper, etc. The only big difference was that they did not close the library on our Princess cruise. On Infinity, the library was closed and the books removed when we boarded. We got permission from guest relations to use the library as a reading room, and since it was right outside our stateroom, it became our place to hang out. Even after they lifted some of the norovirus restrictions, I saw a man going through the library and cleaning our stuffed furniture. They forced antibacterial gel on us the whole cruise. The only person that wasn’t forced was a lady pushed into the dining room in a wheelchair! If they force this antibacter

Norovirus Didn't Mar Cruise; Bring Back Skagway instead of Icy Strait Point

knittinggirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Infinity price drops

Concierge Class 2
Cabin C2 8108
Very small, just a sofa and desk chair. No stuffed side chair. Terribly small (irregular) balcony. So small, that one of the chair couldn't face outward. Good selection of amenities.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Icy Strait
    Hate tender ports. Skip this one and bring back Skagway!
    View All 332 Icy Strait Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Icy Strait Cruise Port Review
  • Gold Creek Salmon Bake
    Probably 80°F the day we were there. Revisited the Gold Creek Salmon Bake. Really good food! We loved the marshmallow roasting, and enjoyed the short walk up to the falls. I wish the steps to the lookout had contained some sort of handrail. After we returned to the ship, they left us standing outside the ship for 45 minutes while they messed around with the port bridge. They had two different gang planks to embark, but they were letting no one board. The delay was as bad as a tender port!
    View All 13,283 Gold Creek Salmon Bake Reviews
  • Misty Fjords Wilderness Cruise
    Misty Fjords Wilderness Explorer - Cruise of Misty Fjords National Park. This excursion was the best of the Celebrity sponsored excursions! We got plenty of snacks! In fact, we had more to eat than some excursions we’ve been on that were supposed to serve us lunch! Lots of beautiful scenery, and the guides were so enthusiastic! Needed to bring my longer camera lens.

Some selling of souvenirs but not high pressure.
    View All 102 Misty Fjords Wilderness Cruise Reviews
  • San Francisco
    Very Expensive. We stayed in Marriott Fisherman's Wharf that was a block from Denny's and another block from Subway and Walgreens. Bring your own bag or they'll charge you a bag fee!
    View All 328 San Francisco Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's San Francisco Cruise Port Review
  • Pedicab
    Our pedicab guide had a conflict in the afternoon, but he arranged a replacement for the second half. Both guides did a superb job! Soren also took some photos of us with our camera. Ian guided us to the Queen’s Gardens. Definitely worth a revisit!