3. Midnatsol
Truly the MOST money grubbing and mercenary organisation I have ever encountered. Combine this with an appalling military attitude to PAYING clients-customers and you have Hurtigruten. At dinner last night we were served by slamming down our food in front of us . Service I do not think this organisation comprehend the term. Ask for water and be sold very expensive bottled water as the normal and perfectly acceptable fresh water is not allowed in the dining room. The price of wine and beer will blow your mind. 11 pounds for a glass of beer !! I actually found my main course hiding behind a piece of carrot. All 3 courses were MINISCULE and VERY ordinary. I THINK OUR WAITER MUST BE ON COMMISSION. She became quite unpleasant when she realised we did not require the company wine deal. After travelling along several beautiful fjords including the Geiranger the aspect has become GREY and boring, not to mention very cold considering this is the height of summer. My cabin is of the size of a matchbox, with lovely concrete based beds.

Hurtigruten Horror

Midnatsol Cruise Review by Rahere

My cabin is of the size of a matchbox, with lovely concrete based beds.
Rahere’s Full Rating Summary