3. Princesse d'Aquitaine
I booked this cruise because we had a limited duration for a vacation and a certain window which we could go. I took my 18 year old daughter who needed to be back to start college at the end of June. I warned her it would be an older crowd and it was. She was the youngest, and I, in my early 50’s, was probably the 2nd youngest. It is primarily a French-speaking crowd. There were 4 people from the UK and then 7 other Americans. We were seated with the Americans, which made conversations much easier. They were a delight and we had a marvelous time together. You are assigned a table so we sat with them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Wine is served with lunch and dinner and there is an open bar in the lounge (although limited selection) from 10 a.m. until about midnight. We only closed it down once. There is no menu to select from; you get what the chef decides. The menu is on channel 91 in your room, so if you don’t want something, you can tell them earlier in the day. One man at our table didn’t eat pork. He had told the cruise line before they left the US, and they accommodated with no problem. My daughter and I just ate what was served, even though normally in the US, I wouldn’t eat some of it. We were living the French life. It was all prepared well and I did come back a few pounds heavier. There is free WiFi on the ship. You need an access code for each device but that was easy to get at the lobby. Connections were spotty. I could connect from my room (305) but my daughter with her iPhone could not. It worked best in the lounge. Good excuse to have a cocktail before dinner. When we booked the cruise, we also booked the excursions as we got a discount. The first day, you board the ship in the late afternoon, have dinner on-board, but the ship didn’t leave until the next morning. Same upon return. We were in Bordeaux on the 4th night, had dinner on the ship, took the Bordeaux at night excursion, came back to the ship, had a cocktail and went to bed. They served breakfast the next day and only asked that you were out-of-the-rooms by 9 a.m. They would store your bags or let you sit in the lounge area until you needed to leave. Jose, the pursuer, did a wonderful job making sure everyone had a nice time. There was music at night in the lounge which was quite nice for such a small ship. A couple of nights, the crew put on a show. The excursions are by 2 buses. We were assigned the bus with a guide who spoke both in French and in English. Sometimes, we had headphones to help us hear as we spread out. They tell you to wear good walking shoes but there isn’t a lot of walking other than one stop, the roads are cobblestone and a bit steep so I wouldn’t recommend heels or shoes that slip. We only went to two wineries; wish we could have done a little more wine tasting and learning. The morning of the first day, they did have a gentleman come on-board and give us a class with 3-4 wine tastings. I couldn’t say enough good things about how friendly the staff was and how efficient the ship was run. I would go another CroisiEurope cruise again. My daughter might even say the same thing.

First river cruise and loved it, although it's an older, European crowd.

Princesse d'Aquitaine Cruise Review by walker_michelle

walker_michelle’s Full Rating Summary
Get CroisiEurope Princesse d'Aquitaine price drops

Small, but aren't all cabins. Our floor had bigger windows than the floor below us. We could watch the brown, brown river as we cruised by.