• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

The knightrider
6-10 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin: Balcony

We booked this cruise to take advantage of a high 0n-board spend offered to us by Princess. We are platinum members of the Captain's Circle and I have to say that this must be one of the best reward schemes available to cruisers.

We used the on-board spend to purchase Princess tours in St Petersburg, making our own arrangements elsewhere. In retrospect, and by listening to other passengers I wish we had booked with SPB as they seemed to get a much better deal in terms of value for money and through having smaller groups. However the Princess tours were excellent and the guides used were first class. The Hermitage is outstanding as are Catherine's Palace and the Peterhof Palace - both absolutely stunning in their portrayal of wealth and privilege. No wonder they had a revolution! I have never seen so much gold in my life. I thoroughly recommend visiting all three. We also heard that the metro and the river boat cruise are good too. The qestion is "How do you fit them all in to two days". The weather was beautiful while we were there, it was a weekend and so there were huge summer crowds so it can be tiring.

Elsewhere Copenhagen was pleasant, particularly the old town, but the hop-on, hop-off bus was a bit chaotic. This is probably the best way of getting into town from where Royal Princess docks though (more of that later).

Balcony

Cabin BE

No complaints about the cabin. Our steward was not the best we have ever had but otherwise we were happy. It is worth noting that the cabins in this area are above the side thrusters and these can be noisy when docking and sometimes we docked very early inthe morning. So, not a cabin for light sleepers!

1 Helpful Vote