3. Carnival Pride
My DH and I sailed from Baltimore on May 24th -- we were in Balcony Cabin 6239. Our cabin was mid-ship and just off the elevators. The cabin location couldn't have been better. Cabin Service -- The cabin attendants were just great. This was our first cruise so we had no idea what to expect. Our room was good size with three closets and several drawers -- enough space for luggage under the bed. Although -- wish I had brought a power stripe -- there is only one outlet in the room:) Activities: GYM -- Classes -- We wanted to work out and do spin classes while on the ship, but we missed classes for the first few days because they filled up immediately -- there are only 10 slots per day for the spin and yoga classes. If you want to do spin or yoga while on the ship, go to the gym in your first hour on the ship and sign up. Also, the spin bikes are "locked up" and can't be used other than in classes. The gym is really well equipped with treadmills, elliptical machines, weights and a hot tub. Also, bring a plastic water bottle -- the gym has a water fountain but no cups. Hasbro Game Show -- Really a fun time -- loved the energy. Beach Musical Taj Mahal-- I guess it was okay if you like "Show Tunes" type shows -- a little corny for my tastes. Casinos -- Enjoyed the slots -- won $10 bucks and quit! Seminars -- We attended a "How to Flatten your Stomach" seminar with two of the trainers. All I can say about this is -- RUN -- do not attend any of the seminars -- they are just an uninformative preliminary warm up for trying to get you to buy an expensive Algae Supplement. At the seminar they tell you to get a Body Fat analysis with the trainer at $50 -- this leads to a very heavy handled sales pitch from the trainer for a $300 Algae supplement. I didn't buy the supplements and I was really upset about wasting my time and money for a worthless Body Fat Analysis that I didn't trust. SPA -- We had a one hour couples hot stone massage that was superior. We regularly get massages and this one on the ship was perfect. We had our massage on a Sea Day and paid full price -- you can get them 1/2 price if you book for a port day. Dive in Movies -- Really nice watching a "Big" screen movie by the pool at night. FOOD -- The food was either really good or really bad. The good first -- 1. David's Steak House -- Wow -- it was really, really, really good. There is a $30 charge per person, but it is worth it. No crowds, no waiting, great seating, wonderful servers and the food is just perfect. We went two nights -- I had the Sea bass both times and my DH had the Filet Mignon both times. The second time I skipped the salad course because I wanted to have room for dessert. 2. The second best food on the ship was the Iguana Breakfast Burritos on the Lido deck -- just super. They also have a fresh toppings bar and fresh sliced fruit. 3. 24 hour pizza place on the Lido deck. The pizza is thin crust and really good -- but there is always a line . . . 4. At Sea Brunch -- Normandy Room -- good smoked salmon, bagels, pastries, eggs -- servers are cheerful and good service. 5. Room Service -- We ordered room service twice after shore excursions -- We came back to the ship tired and just wanted snacks / lunch in the room. The food didn't disappoint -- it was simple and good -- sandwiches, pizza, sushi rolls. We also ordered breakfast before the early morning Freeport excursion and it was good -- cereal, toast, fruit, coffee. The bad -- 1. Buffets on the Lido deck -- all the food is just awful. Think Golden Corral -- everything is low quality -- but there is plenty of it. 2. Dinner in the Normandy Room -- we had "Your time" seating so we would show up and wait for a table. We learned that sitting on the second floor was a bad idea -- the servers were rude and rushed -- the good servers and tables were on the third floor. We would wait for a third floor table. The food was plentiful, but low quality -- someone else compared it to Applebys and I agree. Although, the desserts were okay. Excursions: Grand Turk -- None just walked over to the Margaritaville pool -- but I wish we had done the "All you can eat and Drink" at Margaritaville Pool for $50 each -- each drink was $10 and lunch was about $25. The drinks were really good :) and i could have drank several. Half Moon Kay -- 2 hour Bike Tour -- nice tour and very informative. Freeport -- Swimming with the Dolphins. Nice Excursion -- there is a 20 minute bus ride from the ship, then a boat ride to get to the dolphin area --- the trainers were awesome and well worth the price. Pools -- these were just a crowded mass of humanity. If you want a chair by the pool, be prepared to get there by 9am. We just never wanted to get to the pool by 9am so we only went to the pool one afternoon at port -- the Adult pool area was empty at 2pm on the Half Moon Kay port day. The double pool lounger was really nice. Never did get in the hot tubs -- they were always full. Other info -- Parking -- easy at the Baltimore port. Soda -- We brought on 2 six-packs of soda per person in our carry on luggage. Also bought the Bubble program and it was well worth it.

More Crowded Than We Expected

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Lajes

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

Activities:

Hasbro Game Show -- Really a fun time -- loved the energy.

Casinos -- Enjoyed the slots -- won $10 bucks and quit!

FOOD -- The food was either really good or really bad.

The good first --

The bad --

Excursions:

Half Moon Kay -- 2 hour Bike Tour -- nice tour and very informative.

Other info --

Parking -- easy at the Baltimore port.

Lajes’s Full Rating Summary