3. Crown Princess
Wow! As first time cruisers we did not know if we would enjoy cruising (we love the freedom to roam), but wanted to see Alaska by ship. I must say this was one of the few vacations where the experience exceeded our expectations. Alaska is breathtakingly beautiful and the ports fun & interesting. Everything about our cruise was fantastic. We got a mini-suite with a balcony because we knew the scenery would be gorgeous and it did not disappoint. We were lucky too - the weather was awesome our week - we loved spending time on our balcony. We were on the Dolphin deck - D223 - our stateroom was spacious with a huge closet and plenty of storage - lots of room to stretch out with a long sofa and chair in the living area. Our bed was very comfortable, slept like babies. Our room steward, Ador, could read our minds! He anticipated our needs and was so polite and kept our room spotless; we tipped him generously. The food was outstanding, with the exception of Sabbatini's (it was just ok). My husband and I felt like we were on a date every night - going out to fancy restaurants and then onto shows. The comedian, Carlos Oscar, was by far the best, but we enjoyed everything. Embarkation and disembarkation were a breeze. For $20 per person, we let Princess handle our luggage - we didn't see it again from outside our cabin until we arrived in Knoxville. That made traveling so easy. I highly recommend this cruise! We can't wait to do another one now. One tip: if you buy a drink package, we noticed the wait staff was a little slow to bring drinks, but if you just tip $1 or $2, they will give you great service.

Exceeded Expectations of 1st Time Cruisers!

Crown Princess Cruise Review by ConDunk

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony

ConDunk’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin ME D223
Very spacious. The balcony is a MUST for Alaska because the scenery is breathtaking. From our balcony, we saw whales, sea otters, bears, waterfalls, glaciers and more! The mini-suite was perfect - my 6'2" husband could stretch out on the sofa. The bed was very comfortable. Huge closet with lots of storage and the bathroom was plenty big.
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins