3. Viking Tor
I have done at least 8 higher end cruises and had come to expect you get what you pay for. Not on Viking, so save your dollars and book on a cheaper line. I booked for the Romantic Danube on the longship Tor in June of 2015. For the $$$$ spent, I expected above average cruise line food, attention to detail and amenities. What I actually got was mediocre food that was "re-invented" the next day for the luncheon buffet and some meals I could have had better at my local diner. There was no cabin service for any meal, no coffee machine in the room and you were expected to get up and ready for the only tours that started at 8 AM. For all the hype of seeing castles, etc, what you actually get is more a brief glimpse as the castles are quickly speed by while a quick talk is done. Most time is spent in locks, which means the sundeck is off limits to all passengers. That also means, that there are less views of the scenery quickly going by. If you are a smoker, you are not a welcome guest. There are restrictions on where you are allowed to smoke on ship. Since the sundeck is unavailable 90% of the time, you are confined to a small vestibule. There you also get to be harassed by nonsmokers. Of course, there are plenty of hidden smokers, and as the only visible, upfront smoker, the staff accused me of smoking in forbidden areas. (It was amazing on the last full day, how many actual smokers out on the now open sundeck... I counted 15 people including a group with a hookah) Could they have been the ones smoking on their verandas???

Book on a cheaper line; not worth the price despite all the hype!

Viking Tor Cruise Review by speedy339