3. Allure of the Seas
We have cruised 9 times before. By far, this was our favorite cruise and favorite ship. The ship is beautiful with lots to do. We traveled with our 6 yr old child. Dad enjoyed the flow riders, all enjoyed the pools. The kids water area was awesome. There seem to be enough pools and hot tubs for all. We embarked in civitavecchia and it was a breeze! No lines at all and we were on board by noon. Our cabin Stewart promptly introduced himself and was awesome the whole week.Generally, the ship did not feel crowded, even though there were 6000 passengers onboard. It inky felt crowded the day of embarkation in Barcelona half way through our week, and the the windjammer cafe was packed the following morning. We just went to the solarium for breakfast that day. The food in the restaurants was good. The scallops were delicious. I was not thrilled with the fact that you now have to pay if you want lobster, but I'm not sure if that was limited to the Mediterranean itinerary. We also ate at the Samba grill and Chops and were satisfied with both- delicious. The ice skating shows and Mamma Mia were very good. The lady at the piano at the schooner bar was awesome. The children's club was good. We only used it twice because of how packed this itinerary was- we only had one day at sea and I was not about to leave my child onboard while I went off th ship. The one thing I didn't like about the kids club is that they don't give you a pager in case they need to contact you. So if your child falls ill or just wants to leave the kids club, there is no way for the staff to reach you, unless you are in your cabin. They should give all parents a pager. Princess did that last year in our cruise. Vintages wine bar was great. The only port that was disappointing was Marseille. The ship docks far from the town and the ship charges $23 per person to shuttle you to town. That is in my opinion excessive. In our case, we would have spent $66 before even setting foot on Marseille. So we skipped it and stayed on board. If Marseille wants cruise passengers' business they should make the shuttle reasonably priced. For example, in Barcelona and Palma, the shuttle cost 3 and 5 euros round trip, much more reasonable. We did excursions in Naples and la spezia: Amalfi drive and Pompeii (Naples) and Cinque Terre (la spezia) and were very satisfied with both tours. Palma is beautiful and easy to tour independently. Barcelona was so big that you can't really see it all in one day.we did the hop on and hop off bus that you catch near the port at Columbus square. The staff all over th ship was absolutely the best we have encountered. All very friendly and talkative and super helpful.

Beautiful Ship, Great Service, and Overall Best Cruise

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by Caribbean PR Princess

Vintages wine bar was great.

Caribbean PR Princess’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

The cabin was large and nicely fit 3. But if you are a light sleeper this is not for you since it was located above th karaoke bar and you could hear the bass guitar. That did not bother us.
  Allure of the Seas Deck Plans