• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

t72
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Sail Date: Mar 2015
Cabin:

If I could provide 0 stars I would, based on Viking’s lack of customer service alone.

We were on the 15-Day Grand European Tour on Viking (Eisla ship) in March, 2015 from Budapest to Amsterdam. The staff in general was good, and the tours and food were definitely above average.

My extremely negative review centers around the consistent problems we had with our room, the double stacking of ships at docks (which left no view from our upgraded room and balcony), and the Hotel Manager’s personal problem.

Cabin Explorer Suite

Unfortunately our room either had no air or no heat, depending upon the weather. Maintenance came in at least four times to fix it and nothing was ever settled. Our TV was completely non-functional in the bedroom for most of the trip. Our power outlets in the bathroom were not consistent with the hairdryers provided by Viking or any adapters we purchased (based upon what Viking suggested), so we had to get ready in our living room. Our bathroom smelled like stale urine the entire trip, even after it was cleaned each day. For approximately 40% of our trip, we had no view from our suite or balcony since other Viking ships were double stacked against us. I want to mention that we were told by several Viking staff that Viking saves money by double stacking so that they do not have to pay for extra docks. Thus, if I wanted to enjoy our balcony or open our blinds, I was looking straight into someone else’s room. This completely ruined our trip to Budapest, Koblenz, Cologne, Bratislava, etc.

14 Helpful Votes