3. Safari Explorer
Took my 18 yr old son for his HS graduation. We had a great time. I was aware of small boat cruises (my wife and I did over 20 years ago in Alaska) so had a pretty good idea of what to expect and the Un-Cruise team met or exceeded expectations in just about every way. This is all about seeing Alaska while being comfortable, not a luxury cruise. So every day there are activities like hiking, kayaking, and skiff tours, but also means some afternoons of riding on the boat cruising to the next great place. We were lucky as weather was perfect so we were able to sit up on top deck and read (or nap) in the beautiful sun. And of course we got to see the whole assortment of sea critters up close and learn alot along the way. Kayaking less than 1/2 mile from Dawe's glacier around harbor seals is awesome also. We had all ages and the crew did a great job to make hikes, kayaking, and activities available and interesting for all. If you want to get close to nature this is a great cruise - but there is never any guarantee on what weather will bring or whether the animals will "cooperate" and be ready for viewing. That's all part of it. If you want to be entertained, you probably should look harder if this is what you want. The crew was fantastic - a total of 15 people to manage the like of 36 of us for the week, and from Captain Rod and his team managing the ship, to the daily activities Jill and Alex organized, to the fantastic meals from Joe/Kiley, the team gave 110% and always appeared very happy to do so every day. It probably helps that we had a great bunch of people on board and I enjoyed the opportunity to meet and talk with all of them along the way. Was a great week and highly recommend this ship / destination for anyone looking for this kind of adventure cruise!

Great Alaskan Adventure Cruise

Safari Explorer Cruise Review by rwjillini

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Alaska

rwjillini’s Full Rating Summary
Get UnCruise Safari Explorer price drops

Cabin B1
The cabin has plenty of closets and storage space and the bathroom/shower were fine. The 2 twin beds were comfortable. Used the DVD player and selection of on-boat DVDs at night before bed. Nice views and amenities fine. Only issue with this cabin is that it is closest to the anchor - so when dropping anchor at midnight or lifting at 5am, you will hear quite a bit of noise for a minute or so. Not a huge deal but something to be aware of !