This was my second time on the Diamant. This time we were a private 12 night charter to celebrate a friend's 50th wedding anniversary with vow renewals. We arrived in Grenada 4 days before sailing. Just in case we would have any issues with our flights or luggage, we wanted to be sure to not miss a day of sailing. Diamant had lovely arrangements made for the vow renewal ceremony! I can't begin to express how impressed I was with the entire crew! You could see they took safety very seriously. Great mixture of wonderful personalities. Very friendly, entertaining and helpful while still being quite professional. I must admit the chef on this sailing was awesome! Hard to believe he is able to be so creative in such a small kitchen. we really enjoyed many different entrees of fresh fish. We don't see many fish here in the desert where we live. Dining al fresco with all the ocean breezes and star was wonderful. I could also see that Island Windjammer does indeed listen to feedback they receive from cruisers. I could see nice little things that had been added since my last sailing. Plenty of new deck chairs, sand chairs, floating mats and two new paddle boards. How fun was all this!! We had contacted Island Windjammer prior to our departure and they helped arrange a couple of Island Tours for us. It was great to be able to just add these expenses to our accounts. We enjoyed many special snorkeling days. The quiet powder sugar sand beaches were very enjoyable. The captain even snorkeled with us at times. He was able to pint out many interesting undersea creatures that we would have missed. Put a whole new dimension on our snorkeling experience. Lights added underneath the Diamant created an wonderful ambiance at night. It was a lot of fun to see what sea life would be attracted to the lights. We were even entertained one evening by bats eating insects that were attracted by the lights. What fun!! The information received prior to arriving in Grenada was very useful. No problems. They were able to answer all of our questions ahead of time. We had no surprises. The ship also makes its own fresh water. The water tastes very good and we always had plenty of it. We are starting to plan our next sailing adventure. Which Island Windjammer sailing vessel will it be???

Sailing, Sunshine, Beautiful Beaches, Wonderful and Fun with Friends

Diamant Cruise Review by rosemfink@yahoo.com

rosemfink@yahoo.com’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Windjammers Diamant price drops

We stayed in a standard cabin. We prefer having the bunk beds. When the seas get a bit choppy we find it more comfortable to be able to sleep without having to worry about rolling into someone. the cabin is quite spacious considering the size of the ship. We had plenty of room for storing all our gear safely out of the way. The A/C works really well. The bathroom size is also quiet nice. Normal sized shower.