3. Carnival Fascination
I'm a seasoned cruiser and took this cruise with some girlfriends for a big birthday celebration. The suite was very nice and the decorations we ordered ahead of time were up and ready for us. The balcony was spacious with 4 chairs and a small table. A small walk in closet had a lot of shelf and drawer space so we all had plenty of room for our clothes and other things. -There was only one working outlet in the room. Three women with tablets, phones and hair dyers, curlers, straighteners -- so one outlet was not enough. -The cabin steward was very nice and remembered all of our names. He forgot the ice and replacement towels several times though. -The food was delicious! We ate at the buffet, dining room (with a late seating) and the dining room at breakfast. Other than slow wine service a couple of times, the wait staff was fantastic! Some of the best service I've had on a cruise. -Entertainment was lacking and much of the evenings entertainment "events" centered around gambling tournaments or shopping. There was not a show every night the late seating folks could go to. The comedy club was great, the dance clubs catered to the 20-something crowd -- even on 70s night where we heard about 3 70's songs. -The tiny pool looked like a huge pot of human soup. Toward the end of the cruise the water color wasn't quite right despite the extra clorination treatments they were doing. We all avoided the pool and hot tubs in the main area. The kids area had a huge water slide, water dumps, etc. for kids to enjoy. My child was not with me on this cruise but I know he would have loved this. -The adult Serenity area was very nice but very hot with no air movements due to it being at the back of the ship and a little closed in. Misters would be nice or a plunge pool. There are two hot tubs and plenty of deck chairs. The staff does a great job keeping the area adults only. -The shore excursion manager was fantastic! We had an issue with one of our excursions and she handled it beyond our expectation. Excellent customer service. -The spa was a bad experience for me. I had 2 appointments and neither were good. The intrusive medical history questions and medication questions they ask for a simple massage is ridiculous and unnecessary. I felt disrespected and body-shamed by the person giving me the body scrub/massage. Despite my protest, the unsolicited medical advice kept coming. I will never go to another ship Spa. Never. My complaints were not handled at all except by the massage therapist who said she would be fired if I complained and I got the whole story about her having kids, etc. Terrible service. There was no AC working in the spa and the attendants seemed uninterested. Save your money and go to a good spa somewhere else! The layout of the ship was very convenient, plenty of room in the buffet, nice sized clubs and entertainment venues. Embarkation and disembarkation were the easiest I've ever seen -- smooth, fast, pleasant. Overall a good experience except for the Spa which was terribly run, extremely poor customer service, quality of treatment was poor.

Good Ship Layout