3. Coral Princess
Our cruise started with a 3 day land portion. Sights were great, lodging and food were not. Rooms at both lodges were equal to a stay at a Super 8 motel, in fact our room at the Denali lodge had mold in the shower. Food was over priced and below average. We did a Back Country dining tour in Denali--don't waste your time or your money. 2 high school students took us back on a covered wagon, and struggled to answer basic questions about the area. We were then served Costco heated food for dinner which was pretty awful. To top it off we got a flat tire on the way back and were asked to hike the rest of the way. Denali was a different story, we upgraded to the Tundra tour, and would highly recommend it. Our tour guide/bus driver was amazing and we saw beautiful sights and lots of wildlife. Our train trip back into Whitter to meet the cruise was less than steller. 12 hours, and our A/C stopped working turned our rail car into a 90 degree hot box. The "princess customer representative" did nothing, nor apologized,but seem to avoid our car all together. Once we boarded the Coral, the ship is in need of some dry dock time (which I think it is scheduled for). Biggest disappointment--food. The buffet choices was very limited, and was very subpar, as far as my previous cruise experiences go. Dining room was equally disappointing. The menu choices, as well as the actual food was just not good. We had better meals in town. We booked a few excursions indepently in Anchorage, both I would high recommend. Salmonberry tours--Anchorage conservation center. Great tour guide, and a great place to see the animals up close. And in Whittier, Philips 26 glacier tour, beautiful sights. On the cruise we booked through Princess, would highly recommend Whale Watching and Mendenhall Glacier with Allen Marine in Juenau. Great crew, and overall great tour. Don't miss White Pass Rail in Skagway. One of the most scenic yours I have ever been on. In fact it was the second time, we had done the same tour 5 years ago. All in all I would skip the land portion, spend some time in Anchorage, and privately book a trip in Denali, mind you not staying at the Princess Lodge. The inside passage is something you shouldn't miss but I would recommend a different cruise line.

Below Average Land Tour, and Equally Mediocre Cruise

k4mcpher’s Full Rating Summary
Get Coral Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA C517
Fair, nothing out of the ordinary. In need of new carpet. And our shower backed up a few times. Biggest complaint would be our room always seemed to be hot, even when the air was turned all the way down.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins