3. Viking Buri
The longship accommodation was excellent bearing in mind limited space and my partner and I had no trouble in storing clothes and belongings. The food was excellent and always well presented. It was never of the "steak and chips" variety although we did have a beautifully tender "chateaubriand" one night. The excursions were well planned and organised and very interesting. The lady who took us round Cluny was a quite brilliant communicator and very knowledgeable. The captain and staff were charming and always helpful. My only complaints were the fault of "Head Office"s lack of communication. You failed to tell us that we could have had three days to start with on the "cote d'azure" You changed the time of the first outward plane because we did not have time to make the connection at Schiphol: this resulted in us setting off at 3.00am and hanging about in Amsterdam for three hours. On the return journey at Lyon no-one explained that the coach could not enter the airport and had to stop at the TGV train station. You can imagine the confusion this caused. I was the only one in the group who spoke French and fortunately could grasp the situation and what needed to be done!

Portraits of Southern France.

Viking Buri Cruise Review by Elisabeth G

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

The captain and staff were charming and always helpful.

My only complaints were the fault of "Head Office"s lack of communication.

Elisabeth G’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Buri price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E
The bathroom facilities were excellent.Towels were changed regularly
Main Deck Outside Cabins