3. Navigator of the Seas
Wonderful cruise and the service was amazing! We have cruised on RCCL, Carnival, Disney and MSC so we have some experience with the different cruise lines. We have two children age 11 and 9. We were in cabin 3562 with an ocean view. It is on a quiet hallway towards a dead-end, so foot traffic was minimal. I could hear music from the theater sometimes, but by 10 p.m. everything was quiet. I think the shuffleboard on deck 4 must be above the room because at times I could hear something rolling around. We wear earplugs at night, so it wasn't an issue. The room was normal size for a cruise with two drop down Pullman beds for the kids. No obvious problems with the room...clean, quiet, all electrical plugs worked and it didn't smell! Our stateroom attendant Tanoe was amazing and very attentive to the kids. He was quick to clean the rooms, make the beds, and tidy the bathrooms. Jamaica was our first stop. We booked an excursion through the ship for the Green Grotto Caves and Dunn Falls. The kids loved both stops and since we usually just go to a beach it was nice to do something different. There were 6 cruise ships in port, but the caves were not busy when we arrived. The tour guide was knowledgeable and kept the kids entertained. The next stop on the tour was Dunn Falls. It was crazy busy. I mean at least 200-300 people climbing the falls, maybe more. This does not include the group of 200-300 waiting in line for their chance to climb. Did I mention it was spring break?!? Our tour guide said in all his years he had never seen it that busy. Our tour went to the front of the line and we didn't have to wait, which was cool. We started walking up the rocks and my kids LOVED IT! Even though we were crammed body to body with all these people, they only focused on the fact that they were climbing falls! Every time I thought we were finished I would look up and see more rocks and falls. It was not slippery (we had water shoes) and I didn't see anyone fall. It is their number one excursion for the entire trip. My only tip for fellow travelers is to plan on leaving EVERYTHING on the tour bus or stand in a long line for a locker. I mean towels, cell phones, sun block, etc. Just wear your swimsuit and start climbing. By the time we got back to the tour bus we were almost dry anyway. You do need cash to tip the tour guide but they don't care if it is wet! Next stop was Grand Cayman. We were in the port of Falmouth. We took a group taxi to 7 mile beach. Basically we got off the ship, saw the signs for $4 rides (per person/one way) to 7 mile beach and hopped on. It dropped us at Calico Jacks, which was good for our first time. The beach was free and the tables at Calico Jacks are free as long as you buy food and beer. There are lounge chairs and umbrellas up and down the area around the restaurant. $5 per chair and $10 for an umbrella. We were lucky enough to grab a free table, order a bucket of beer and sodas for the kids, and go snorkeling. The water was calm, clear and we saw all sorts of fish. It helped that we brought cereal from the boat! There were showers to clean off and then we caught the taxi back. Across from the ship we shopped a little and my kids found Dollar Deals which is a version of a dollar store. It was on Cardinall and Harbor (I think!) behind Breezes. Across from the RCCL dock. They had stuff priced $1.00 and up so my kids felt rich with $5.00! They got marble turtles, bracelets, little dolls, etc. Last stop was Cozumel. This is one of my favorite places on earth. We paid the taxi fee of $15 from the RCCL port to go to Chankanaab, a national park with a beach, snorkeling, pool, dolphins, etc. The entrance fee was $70 for the four of us and last cruise I found a coupon online for $5 off per person. The water was perfect and we saw at least 20 different fish off the reef by the shoreline. My kids swam out to a platform and had fun jumping off. At the end of the day we went to the pool to clear the salt water and then took a taxi back. There are tons of food options and a bucket of beer cost $18 for six drinks.. We don't do the all you can eat option so we just order nachos and cheese quesadillas and this holds us over until we can get back on the ship. We have done the dolphin swim before and it was fun. This trip we just wanted to relax and swim and the day was perfect. What more?? The food was great. I avoid the buffet because I feel like it is too busy and you are always trying to get in line for food or a table. We went twice and the food was fine. I prefer the sit down meals where someone serves us so I don't have to worry about the kids running around and I don't have to get up to check on them. Both breakfast and lunch in the main dining room had many food options and the portion control kept us from gaining too much weight! This was my first time to do My Time dining. I picked the times I wanted online before the cruise. We eat around 6 with the kids. On the days we were in port I wish I had picked a little later time because we got on the ship and had a snack of pizza, so we weren't really that hungry by 6. We ate anyway!! My Time worked well and our server was Errol. He was great with the kids and very attentive. After dinner my kids wanted to go to kids camp so we had some adult time, which was nice. The only other tip I have is to do the Flow Rider when you are in port around 3-5. The line wasn't that long and my older kid would keep going. I did try it once and the people who worked it were patient with everyone. I made it for 10 seconds and then crashed and burned. Still glad I did it! Long review for an amazing cruise. Hope you have as good a time when you go on your trip!

Fun Spring Break Cruise