Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by Lakeshore Cruiser
- Sail Date: June 2015
- Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
- Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean View with Verandah
* Embarkation: well organized and took only 10-15 mins until we were on board. We took a private car service from our hotel in Rome; it was 140 Euro's vs the train at 10 E, but it was worth it to me to not have to drag our luggage through the train station and deal with getting on the right trains, etc.
* Food: we signed up for Celebrity Select dining option so we wouldn't be tied to a specific dinner time each night, and this ended up not being very helpful. We could never get our requested time (it fills up very fast), so we ended up typically waiting for a table in the MDR. Overall the food and service was very nice in the MDR. We also signed up for the 4-night Specialty Restaurant dining pkg, and we really enjoyed it. The food at Murano's, Tuscan Grill, Qsine, and the Lawn Club was outstanding, as well as the service - highly recommend!
* Excursions: Tip - if you are in a port that has a tender, then sign up for a Celebrity-sponsored excursion. You'll be the first off the ship; our friends did their own and ended up waiting 2.5 hrs to get off the boat. Overall the excursions sponsored by Celebrity were good; we had one bad one but they were well organized and priced reasonably.
* Room: our room itself exceeded our expectations - nice balcony; queen sized bed with a couch, and a bathroom big enough for both of us. Only issue was the noise - we were located near a service door which made an incredibly loud noise every time the door was slammed - woke us up several times every night (stateroom 6136).
* Ship: the actual ship is beautiful - very new, clean, and well laid-out. There are people constantly cleaning (the public bathrooms always have someone in them cleaning up and are spotless).
* Service: overall the staff is very responsive and the quality of service is very good. Our daily room service of breakfast came within 1-2 mins of the scheduled time, and service in the MDR and other restaurants was very good. Most of the staff are friendly and always willing to help; you'll definitely come across people who don't want to help but it's a rarity.
* Overall: I highly recommend the Celebrity Reflection and the 11-day E. Mediterranean cruise - it exceeded our expectations and we likely will be traveling w/Celebrity again.
250,000+ people have entered their email
Port & Shore Excursion Reviews
Acropolis and Plaka shopping tourThis excursion was a waste of time - a bus drove us to the Acropolis and dumped us out for 20 mins to walk around; however we were 1/4 mile from it. Then we went to Plaka where the tour guide led us on a 10 min walk to the shopping area. She said we had 1 hr for shopping and then had to return to the bus, and she recommended some stores to go to (where she likely gets a kick-back from the merchent). The stores were just cheap tourist shops selling trinkets - don't waste your time on this tour.View All 12,792 Acropolis and Plaka shopping tour Reviews
IstanbulWe hired a cab driver to take us around and show us the sights - great way to see this fascinating city.View All 403 Istanbul Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Istanbul Cruise Port Review
EphesusThe tour to Ephesus was fascinating and our tour guide was exceptional.View All 242 Ephesus Reviews
St Johns ResortWe bought a day pass at the St. John resort. They had a driver pick us up at the port for the day, and then return us before the ship left the port. The resort is beautiful - negative edge pools, beach, spa, etc. We spent the day laying around the pool; swimming in the ocean; and having a nice lunch.View All 12,792 St Johns Resort Reviews
NaplesThis port is close enough were you can walk off the boat and actually walk around the town - no cab needed. There isn't a lot to see - most of our friends took the long excursions to the Amalfi coast or Capri.View All 1,394 Naples Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Naples Cruise Port Review
Rome (Civitavecchia)We stayed several days in Rome before the cruise - was nice to be able to rest up prior to boarding. We enjoyed walking around - lots to see and the food/shopping is excellent.View All 2,146 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review
Volcano HikingWe really enjoyed this excursion! The hike up the volcano was fascinating as well as fun - our tour guide was incredibly knowledgeable (hint: wear sturdy shoes/tennis shoes and not sandals - it's very rocky). The swim to the "grotto' where the water was warmed by the volcano was also fun - you should be a somewhat confident swimmer as the open water swim off the boat was choppy. Overall a great excursion!View All 27 Volcano Hiking Reviews