Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by travelnteach64

• Sail Date: Mar 2015
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom

I’m finally getting around to writing our review of our trip on the Enchantment back in March.

We flew down the night before, into Orlando, which I highly recommend if you live in an area with blizzards. We stayed at the Radisson Resort at the Port, we did learn the shuttle costs more if you land at 9pm or later. So Coco Beach Shuttle picked us up and transported us to the hotel. Our driver even stopped at 7-11 for gas so we bought wine there, since we didn’t take the risk flying with any. Our room was nice and the resort was cute. We walk to McDonalds in the morning and then caught the 10am shuttle to the port, and got there about 10:30ish.

We used the new Terminal 1 and Port Canaveral. This was my first cruise, so I have nothing to compare to. My significant other has been on many cruises. Checking in was super quick and easy, no worries, even carrying an Epi-Pen. We were through everything in less than 45 minutes. We made reservations for Chops as we were getting towards the ship.

Once onboard it was about 11am and rooms were ready at 1pm. We explored the ship and then grabbed some food from both the Windjammer and the Park Café. I liked Park Café better and the sandwiches were good. We hung out under the overhang as it was misty. We laid in the Solarium as well, until the rooms were ready.

We were in room 8100 which is a new Panoramic Ocean View. I would warn people about this, as it was our least favorite part of the cruise. We didn't know how loud it could be. The view is phenomical. The location is not. We were directly off the lobby and the noise starts early and is extremely loud at night. We never got to go to sleep early, even though we were tired. And directly above us was the pool deck. We couldn't pin point it exactly. We were thinking part of the walking path and ping pong. But we had constant heavy noise above us. Even with the white noise app on two phones (download ahead of time so you don't ahve to pay for wifi) we could still hear it.

Once we got into our room our luggage met us quickly and then we went to the Port talk. I would not recommend it, we had done adequate research. We participated in the muster drill, it actually went pretty fast. Then off to the pool to wait for departure. By then the weather had cleared off. We spent the afternoon on the main pool deck as we pulled out of port. The pool was pretty cold, so only the kids were in the water.

For dinner we ate at Chops. I had the french onion soup and veal, my BF had the shrimp and then steak. We had an absolutely lovely dinner. At the end of dinner we got engaged! Sadly there was no photographer around and our waiter didn’t understand that my boyfriend was trying to get him to take the picture right in the moment. I remember having dessert, but not exactly what we had. We used the wifi to call our families and tell them the big news! We walked around and took some pictures on the deck. I guess we are pretty boring people.

The next morning we were at Coco Cay. The waters were nice and calm when we arrived. We had a decent breakfast in the Windjammer. Lots of fresh fruit, I had pancakes and potatoes. Everything was hot and delicious. We did put some ice and water into our big Camelback water bottle for the beach.

We caught an early tender to the beach. We picked up our snorkel gear and hit the water. We had good instruction in how to use the gear. Snorkeling was fantastic! The water was warm (coming from someone in Wisconsin) and very clear. We spent a good hour in the water right away. My fiancée found a gold coin in the water. We also saw an eel and lots of fish, no sharks though. The fish were super pretty and very gentle. After snorkeling we explored and then relaxed on the shore. The bar line was really long and only mixed specific drinks. Lunch was nothing major. Just a standard BBQ, the meat was warm but I had some questions about the other “cold” salads. We ate about 12:30but it didn’t seem to be so cool. I wish we would have packed some snacks.

After lunch we used our “coin” and won a kayak, so we went exploring. We went across to the other island. We are experienced kayakers but there were some noticeable currents. We went all around in the allowable areas to explore. We saw a fin of an animal, not sure what.

After kayaking we put our snorkel gear on again. We went to see the plane and canon. Lots of cool fish in that area. We encountered one passenger who had cold hands and her ring slipped off. I was glad we secured everything in our room. We loved snorkeling and didn’t feel like we missed anything not doing a tour. We are strong swimmers and had lots of fun. We laughed at all the people on the shore screaming at the little minnows, there were some big cool fish out deep. Overall this was just the beach day we were hoping for. There were plentiful chairs and the beach was clean. The cabanas looked cute, but they used the same beach as everyone else. By about 3pm the island was clearing off and we took a 3:30 tender.

Once back on the boat we got our Coke cups and went straight to the Windjammer. I don’t remember the snack but we were so happy to get some real food compared to what we were offered for lunch. It was very refreshing. We did the “My Time” dining, so we ended up having an early dinner. By dinner it was overcast and a big sprinkly outside. We had a nice first dinner in My Fair Lady. We had a great server and crew! Bread was warm and dinner was delicious.

That night we saw the Love and Marriage show, which was hilarious and highly recommended. We had a leisurely night on the deck including ping pong, shuffle board and a dip in the hot tub at the Solarium.

On Wednesday morning we woke up in Nassau, already docked. We had a hearty breakfast in the Windjammer prior to our 9am excursion. We went on the Seahorse Catamaran and Snorkeling. Pick up was right outside the ship and very convenient. It was a 45 min ride to the snorkel site. We passed Atlantis and some other beautiful homes.

One we got there we had our safety briefing and got our gear on. Again the water was decent and we started snorkeling right away. At this stop we saw an eel, lots of colorful fish and coral. Everything was different than Coco Cay, which was nice. Snorkeling was fantastic at Rainbow Reef. On the ride back they put up the sails and served punch. We were dropped off at a different spot, about two blocks from the boat, but very clear how to get back.

We ran back to the ship to change out of our wet gear. We walked down the street to Lukka Kairi, which was relatively new. We really enjoyed the restaurant. The conch fritters are highly recommended! I also got the chicken with the chili sauce and texas toast. We’ve been talking about this place ever since we got home and can’t wait to go back again. We skipped Senor Frogs and wanted something authentic.

After lunch we shopped down town. We clearly weren’t the shopping type. We didn’t go for any brand name stuff and the majority of the other stuff was souvenir trinkets. So we didn’t buy much.

My fiancée likes history so we had some maps and walked to the Fort and the Queens staircase. We definitely had some questions about the neighborhood and if we were going the right way. Once we found it we entered the Fort, it was $1 each to get in. The neighborhood behind the fort was super questionable. The views were very nice, but we were so hot from the walk we didn’t really appreciate it. We listed to a tour guide at the Queens Staircase. That part was very interested. We probably would have felt better as part of a tour. We walked back downtown and went to the ship.

Once back on the ship we put on our swim gear and hit the pool. We took advantage of the Windjammer snacks during the afternoon. We had a run in with a very rude family at the pools that were cannonballing on top of us, so we had to get out and move. Since it was March we found out it was either sororities or frats on our boat for the most part. Not many couples around our age.

We watched what we could of the sunset. Sadly it was overcast again, so only a bit of the sunset. We hung out on the deck until our late dinner. Again we were satisfied with our food in the MFL for dinner.

That night was the midnight (11:30) deck party. It’s a great way to make sure everyone is on board on time. We realized how quickly Nassau shuts down at night. We wish we would have found a beach in the afternoon. The night was a bit slow until we left. The party was enjoyable, but we don’t dance. The food was alright, but very basic. It quickly died down.

The next morning we slept in and then had breakfast in the Windjammer. I did get a custom omelet, which didn’t take too long. We spent some time relaxing together in the room and went to the pool at about 1pm. I was not happy about the chair situation. There were no open chairs to be found. We walked around for 15 minutes looking. There were so many dirty towels on chairs and no one was clearing them up. We started asking people around them, but they were all someone’s chair, which was frustrating. One random sandal shouldn’t save a chair. We finally found one and ended up in the pool. It was a nice relaxing afternoon and they did the big wok stir fry by the pool and we supplemented with some Windjammer lunch as well. I got some sandwiches from the Park Café, but they weren’t grilled long enough, so they weren’t so great. It was just a nice pool day. They had a cannonball contest and other activities, since it was our only sea day. It was a little calmer once all the little kids who needed naps went to their cabins.

We had an early last dinner and then went to the final show. We could feel some rocking during the show, and at the end we found out we were sailing into a massive storm with 15+ ft swells. The show was cute, but nothing major. We had fun overall, which was the only real production we saw. We killed some time in the casino, but lost quickly. They did play the NCAA basketball on the pool deck, but then they had to drain everything because of the waves. That was the only time we had any queasy stomachs.

Overall we had a great cruise. We put our luggage out that night; we wish in the long run that we had walked off with it. Customs lines were long and it took about 45 minutes and we almost missed our shuttle to Orlando. We can’t wait to cruise again; it was such a great vacation. We enjoyed eating and relaxing in the sun. We loved Coco Cay and can’t wait to go to another private island.

We definitely did over pack and barely felt like we wore our clothes, since we were in our swimsuits so much. We pre-paid our tips and got drink packages, so we didn’t spend too much on board.

travelnteach64's Full Rating Summary

Panoramic Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin PV 8100

We were in room 8100 which is a new Panoramic Ocean View. I would warn people about this, as it was our least favorite part of the cruise. We didn't know how loud it could be. The view is phenomical. The location is not. It was definiltely clean and kept clean the entire cruise. Our safe held two iPads and a big camera and an extra lens. (no cases) We were directly off the lobby and the noise starts early and is extremely loud at night. We never got to go to sleep early, even though we were tired. And directly above us was the pool deck. We couldn't pin point it exactly. We were thinking part of the walking path and ping pong. But we had constant heavy noise above us. Even with the white noise app on two phones (download ahead of time so you don't ahve to pay for wifi) we could still hear it. We would have went for a different suite if we would have known. Otherwise close to the elevators, no major people noise, all muisc and entertainment. Bathroom was fine. It was a cloth shower curtain.

Snorkeling

Fantastic! We got the independent gear and didn't go with a group. It was nice to be on our own time and do what we wanted. We saw a sting ray, lots of neat fish an coral. Highly recommended!

View All 85 Snorkeling Reviews
Catamaran

Fantastic! Highly recommended

View All 50 Catamaran Reviews
Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Terminal 1: Fast and East, on the boat in no time.

travelnteach64