3. Island Escape
First of all to anyone thinking of going on this ship for the first time, if you have been on other bigger ships with other companies then you will probably think that this ship is not as good. However if you remember the price that you have paid fore this one compared to other companies then I think you will agree that it is well worth the money. My wife and I had an outside cabin (7054) on Deck 7 and yes it had obviously seen better days but it was kept spotless by our cabin steward Morrison who must changed the towels twice every day as well as making a different animal out of some of them every day. The food was better than we had had in some Thomson Gold hotels and there was something to eat literally 24 hours a day as well. The drinks were also perfectly fine....anyone who complains is obviously very picky indeed. I like my beer and my wine and the ones available on the inclusive list were very good....I preferred the red wine and my wife said the white was very good (and she IS particular about the wine she drinks). I am whisky drinker myself and as expected the malt whisky and major brands were to be paid for but I could fine nothing wrong with the blend they gave me form the all inclusive list and as for the gin and tonic and cocktails....they were as good as you will get anywhere. You can upgrade to "top shelf and premium drinks" but it is not necessary. We ate in the "paid for" restaurant one night to celebrate my wife's birthday and it was top class but again there is no need to do that as the meals in the restaurants were top quality anyway. We did not take any of the Thomson trips as in every port we docked in we could walk into the nearest town or resort but there were some good excursions available if you have already been to places like Rome, Pisa, Florence etc. As others have already mentioned this ship is going out of commission at the end of the season which is a shame as it is well loved by many of its regular cruisers.... we met a few who have been on it several times or even more...and its crew are the friendliest and most helpful that you will find anywhere, hopefully they will all get jobs on the new ship when it takes over. I am not a show person myself but I kept my wife company on several of the shows and I have to say I enjoyed every one...Ross the Host ans the 10 young people in the shows worked so hard to give all of us a good time. We did not sit around the pool at all as that is not our scene but it was well kept and busy every day....all the beds were well used and there was entertainment as well. In fact there was something for everyone....apart from moaners and really picky people who just love to complain. Try it if you can before it is too late.

Fantastic Cruise on the island Escape.

Island Escape Cruise Review by bobhaskett78

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Try it if you can before it is too late.
bobhaskett78’s Full Rating Summary
Get Thomson Cruises Island Escape price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OV 7054
Obviously very old and this shows by the decor etc but always clean and spotless. Beds were comfy although very low down. The shower/toilet was small but this is a ship and there was plenty of room for all bits and bobs etc. The shower, although looking a bit dated never let us down always lots of hot water and very easy to operate. Best of all was the fact that it was looked after by Morrison who was very attentive without being obtrusive...we hardly ever saw him but he must have been in to tidy, change towels, make beds etc every time we went out.

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews