3. Emerald Princess
Just returned on Monday, nice vacation. We added a few extra days in Barcelona before boarding the ship and extra days in Rome. Well worth it and allowed us to see Barcelona and Rome. Dining - I'm a vegetarian and didn't have any issues with finding something to eat. I've only been on one other cruise but with Royal Car. There were two differences I noticed: On RC we did not have a per person fee for our formal dining nights and the open buffets were pretty small as compared to our RC cruise. Princess charged us $25/per person for our formal nights where RC had no charge. This may have changed on RC, but as of three years ago there was not a charge. Laundry- If you are planning to do laundry, bring US quarters. Washer and dryer are each $2.00. There were four of us and I did three loads of laundry. The line to get quarters was insane, I spent 1 hour waiting to get quarters as I didn't expect to spend US dollar in Europe :) I must have been like the other people on the boat, as I was told by another passenger that they ran out of US currency. Stewards/Crew - Very nice and accommodating. Our steward, Jose (14 deck / room 309) was great. We had two of our kids with us (16/19) in a different room. Some days when I knocked on their door to wake them up for a early morning excursion, they didn't answer, Jose would let me in :) Lines at front desk - Not so great, never another staff but once you made it to the front of the line, they were very helpful. Rooms - We were on the deck 14 Rooms 307 and 309, close enough to the elevators and stairwells. We had an adult pool on 14 which was nice. It was also nice not to have to take the elevator to the main deck on 15 where all the pools and buffet, pizza, etc...were located. It was a short walk up the steps. Excursions - We took two excursions through Princess. I would not recommend either; Milan for a day (horrible) we were basically driven to Milan and given 30 minutes of a tour and then dropped off to meet in 3 hours. I would highly recommend private tours for all shore excursions. My travel agent booked everything through ShoreTrips. The cost is the same and well worth it. Gratuity - Plan on $11.50/per day per person. We were surprised at the $300 add at the end of the week. Pools / Seating - Lots and lots and never had an issue with finding somewhere to sit.

Princess Cruise Mediterranean; Emerald Princess

Ages 16+
Get Emerald Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BF 307/309
Nice size cabin and bathroom. I really enjoyed the balcony. It was so cool to wake up and look outside each day while the ship was docking.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Chianti Region
    This was part of the Florence/Pisa tour - Tour only lasted about 20 minutes and then we had wine tasting and olive oil. If you are not a red wine drinker, this is not the wine tasting location for you.
    View All 9 Chianti Region Reviews
  • Florence & Pisa Tour
    Booked a private tour through Shoretrips. Excellent. We controlled the amount of time we spent in each location.
    Pisa - Spent about an hour in Pisa, as we could not get into the Cathedral because it was so early. If you want to go up into the Leaning Tower of Pisa, book ahead as they only allow 200 people per day and it's booked for months. It was still fun to walk around and take pictures.
    Florence - Private tour with Marco. Ask for him or his sister. Excellent excellent excellent. THree hours went by fast but we saw a lot and he already purchased the tickets for us so we skipped the very very long lines. This is a city we would return to.
    View All 246 Florence & Pisa Tour Reviews
  • Milan Walking Tour
    Eeek. Do not recommend unless you just need a ride to Milan. For those interested in attending the worlds fair in 2015, FYI - It's an hour drive to the worlds fair location, one hour line to get in and then the return one hour back to the meeting location. The tour was not good, it lasted about 30 minutes and then we were on our own. Very dirty city and lots of graffiti. For a city to have the "shopping capital of the world" title, it lacked shopping and stores. When you did go into a store, it was micro size and had very little items to purchase.
    View All 4 Milan Walking Tour Reviews
  • Beach
    Next time we will pass on beach time. The beach was small, the water was dirty and it was hot hot hot. We spent 40 minutes of our 3 hour allotment and left.
    View All 13,213 Beach Reviews
  • Blue Grotto Boat Trip
    This doesn't last long but it was a fun experience. Tour only lasts about 20 minutes. you get in a boat with a total of 9 people, they take you through seven caves, give you the name of the cave but no details.
    View All 29 Blue Grotto Boat Trip Reviews
  • City Tour
    Nice but if you get car sick, take medication beforehand as it's very windy roads.
    View All 72 City Tour Reviews
  • Hagar Qim Temple
    Very cool,lots of walking up and down hills. Recommend tennis shoes and no sandals. To see this on a picture doesn't do it justice, once you are there you can appreciate it.
    View All 9 Hagar Qim Temple Reviews
  • Aix-en-Provence
    We did not care for this tour. Lots of driving.
    View All 110 Aix-en-Provence Reviews
  • Les Baux de Provence
    We did not care for this tour. Lots of driving.
    View All 14 Les Baux de Provence Reviews
  • City Tour
    Private tour through the city. We had very limited time in Palermo so we wanted to be able to control when we got back. There were two group tours that were late and required us to leave over 1 hour later than expected.
    View All 28 City Tour Reviews
  • Private Tour
    Nice tour and pace.
    View All 144 Private Tour Reviews
  • Sistine Chapel
    no cameras. very packed. beautiful.
    View All 114 Sistine Chapel Reviews
  • Vatican Museums
    glad we had the skip the line passes, otherwise plan on standing in line for 2+ hours. Next time we will book a private guide. We didn't really know what to look at, so it was more like a trip to IKEA, where you just keep walking and looking and stop every so often.
    View All 128 Vatican Museums Reviews