• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2015
Cabin: Large Ocean View Stateroom

Having done more than forty cruises, ten of which have been with R.C.I. this is without doubt the worst cruise my wife and I have ever been on. The problems started before the cruise began with total confusion over the need for an Indian Visa. Despite the fact that I made it known to R.C.I. that I did not intend getting off the ship in Cochin I was informed that I would not be allowed on the ship without an Indian Visa. Having gone to a great deal of trouble and expense to obtain one you can imagine how angry I was when I found out that a visa was not required if you were not leaving the ship in Cochin .

Embarkation at Dubai was a shambles with little or no supervision. As a diamond member I was supposed to have priority boarding but had to join the stamped.

Boarded the ship at 11.45am but luggage had not arrived in time to change for dinner at 8.15 pm.

Large Ocean View Stateroom

Cabin G

Cabin was clean and reasonably well designed but appeared to be slightly smaller than similar cabins on the Freedom Class ships but I may be wrong. The cabin steward was excellent and was always willing to go the extra mile. 10 out of 10 goes to Aartur who made up for the shortcomings in the other departments

Port Reviews

Penang

Hired a taxi for a sight seeing tour. Walked around the city.

Singapore

Took a taxi to Raffels Hotel for the evening. Expensive but had to be done.

Muscat

Hired a taxi for sight seeing tour. Very interesting

Dubai

Stayed for two days in Dubai so did not go ashore

3 Helpful Votes