This was our first cruise so we really didn't know what to expect. We were pleasantly surprised! The food was great, the service was remarkable, and our stateroom steward- Oswald was simply amazingly! He was the only person we tipped extra because he always serviced our stateroom with a smile. He paid such close attention to detail and made our cabin very cozy! Our dining room staff was great as well. Special shout out to Nicole from St.Lucia! The activities were great. The cruise director Calvyn is hilarious! And extremely nice!
A few tips for the first time cruiser(s) as we were:
1) take bleach wipes to wipe down your counters and bathrooms- just in case the previous guests weren't that clean
2) take air freshener - sometimes the hallways and rooms had a damp smell, so having our own air freshner really helped. Our secret- those air freshner car trees. Hang them in the closet and on the doors so every time you come in, your room smells fresh.
3) alcoholic drinks are not included, so be prepared to spend at least 20 dollars for two drinks. They do not take cash, you present your sail and sign every time you want a drink other than their standard ice tea and lemonade. It can add up, so be sure to stop at the kiosks and assess how much you are spending so you won't get sticker shock when your vacay is over! They will charge your credit card at the end of the voyage! But have no fear, you can add money to your account to bring down your final cost.
4) take Benadryl and Advil just in case- one Benadryl cost 10 dollars:(((
5) they have Internet service, at a minimal cost, so don't worry about staying connected!
6) you can call home from your stateroom; its 1.99/min.
7) have fun; it was nice for us to do something different(we always go to all inclusive resorts).
8) the staff is wonderful and hardworking, they do their best to make your trip a pleasant experience.
9) the gym and sauna were great; plenty of equipment for everyone
Oswald was amazing! The best stateroom steward ever! He kept our stateroom immaculate! Had the carpet vacuumed as needed! Always delivered service with a smile!
We went to 7 mile beach