• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Love Cruising the seas
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin:

We booked this cruise in March, not having viewed any previous passenger comments. There were three of us in my party myself (50+), my mother (mid-seventies), my daughter (early 20's). We had booked superior inside cabins (1 x twin & 1 x single). The reasons we chose this cruise was because we wanted a smaller ship, great itinerary, good service & cleanliness. This was to be my 15th cruise so I know what elements go to making a sucessful cruising holiday experience.

I didn't know of anyone who had been on the Magellan before so looked at the few reviews that were available on this site. I must say that my heart sunk when I read so many damning reviews of the ship and it's staff. I was dreading the experience that lay ahead of us.

HOWEVER, I can now only presume that this site has been a sounding board for those who feel compelled to complain! Our experience was FANTASTIC from start to finish.

Cabin Outside Twin

Having booked a single inside and a twin inside cabin, we were delighted to have been upgraded to outside cabins. I had a twin cabin for sole use and it was next to my fellow travellers. Both cabins are to the back of the ship. Yes, there was noise from the engine rooms but I have hear far worse on cruises where I paid considerably more!! Take ear plugs just in case! Would you really expect total silence whilst on board a ship?? Our cabin was kept spotless by Jelisabeth. She spoke little English but was always polite and courteous. I would advise you take your own hair dryer as the ones provided are not at all powerful. The black out blinds on the picture window are fantastic! TV worked fine. Beds are very comfortable. No problems with the shower and WC. All in all, a spacious and immaculately clean cabin on one of the lower decks.

3 Helpful Votes