• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Allure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
64 Awards

Too big for a Med cruise

Review for Allure of the Seas to the Western Mediterranean
dani negreanu
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jun 2015
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

I went to this cruise "since [Allure] was in the neighborhood". Curious about "the biggest ship in the world", but not curious enough to fly over the pond to experience it. NOT for the itinerary, which I've already been to, sauf Marseille and Palma, anyway - not the highlight of the trip.

Rome - The embarkation/disembarkation were a breeze, the quickest I've experienced in my few cruises. The cabin, a ocean view balcony D7 on deck 8, was chosen right near the elevators and the entrance to Central Park - was perfect. Very quiet. Our stateroom attendant, Vita, was amazing. I found the mattress very soft in the middle, couldn't sleep, waked with back ace, and she tried different methods to make it right. Kudos to Vita.

Entertainment - we had reservations for Bue Planet, Ice Games, OceanAria and Tell me on Sunday. Didn't book or tried the other shows because of language and cultural barrier. Tell me on Sunday – too much "talking" for us, didn't understand a word, walked quietly out, after seeing lots of people leaving. RC should remember that on European cruises, not everyone has English as a mother tongue. Such a pity that our cruise didn't enjoy Mamma Mia. Liked very much the Bue Planet and Ice Games - both outstanding. OceanAria - personally, it seems to me that this show is a tragedy waiting to happen. The performers are brilliant, but I felt very uncomfortable seeing as they endanger their life every second for the show. On top of that, we received "seconds" for the C&A reception -- especially for the most loyal members. I really didn't want to see it again.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D7

Right near the elevators and the entrance to Central Park - perfect. Very quiet. Unobstructed view down the water.

previous reviewnext review