3. Carnival Pride
I just wanted to say that we booked a fabulous cruise. We got a $50 on board credit. Our ship was Carnival Pride. My comments are as follows: Stores: prices are ok. We bought 2 shirts for $20 the first day and then on the last day the store advertised that they were on sale for $10 each? That is what I paid the first day? Candy bars were $2+ and the “pay by the pound” candy did not have a large variety of candy. The jewelry store had great sales on lots of different types of jewelry and items. Michelle in the jewelry store was fantastic and very friendly. The watch sale was great. You got a red or yellow ticket when you bought something in the jewelry store, then you came back for drawings. You had to be present to win the prize. That was a great idea to get you in the store to buy more items. I missed dinner to go to the drawing but did not win. I had the 8:15pm dinner seating. Room: We had a window room on the first floor. It was small but it worked for us. I had 3 adults in our room. My son said sleeping on the couch which was VERY hard and was not fun. I wish you could choose the type bed he could have had like a birth type bed. Bring a strip type electric cord cause there is only one outlet in the room. The room steward that we had was great and friendly. Vincent Jones was his name. He did a great job for us. I had my son order room service one night but did not know that the pizza is a $5 charge. Most everything else on room service is free and they will bring you most anything you want like PBJ sandwiches or milk and cookies. Bathrobes were great for after showering and I saw some people were wearing them cause they were cold on the ship. We only had bathrobes 2 in our room till the last 2 days and we had 3 people but we did not use but one of them. Our room was comfortable most of the time with the temperature. One night I did get hot. Some people were saying that they were very cold in their rooms. You get a blue large towel in your room to use at the pools. You can turn them in to the pool counter and get a fresh one. You can buy one of these to take home at the end of the trip. You can buy a robe too. Food: I loved that there were small shop size eateries all on deck 9. Lots of selections like Italian, salads, Chinese, burgers, deli.....I did crave chips after a few days. Maybe add that to the deli. Fresh Fruit was everywhere. There was a Sweets area too. And one day they had a chocolate bar! Guys Burgers are great. We ate there everyday. Dining Room: I ate breakfast the first day in the dining room. The scrambled eggs were not very tasty. I ordered grits and never got them. After that we ate on Deck 9 each morning and had lots to choose from like cereal, oatmeal, grits, eggs 3+ different ways, pancakes, waffles, toast, bacon, ham, sausage, ….. I had asked for “any time” dining but got 8:15pm. I did not know that you could change this by asking. I hated eating this late in the day. We attended the Captains dinner and did not leave till 10:15pm. I went straight to bed. The meal at the Captains dinner was GREAT. I had shrimp cocktail and 2 Lobster tails. Then the Chocolate Melt cake with vanilla ice cream. This desert I had many time. It was great. Know that that night is the only night you can get lobster tails with out being charged $20. I tried the escargot and enjoyed it. All the meals were fabulous and you can have as many items as you want. 2 appetizers or 2 main or 2 scoops of ice cream with your cake. They will do any thing you want. If you like chocolate milk, they will have it ready for you at every meal. My son and husband had bought the soda package and they had sodas for them every time. I drink the ice tea. $6 of your gratuity goes to the dining staff so use the dining room. Soda Program: Sodas are $1.50 so you have to buy more than 28 sodas to make the program worth buying. My son only bought 8 so he was paying $3+ each soda. You are asking how I know this? It is only your statement that you can pull up anytime. Bring sodas on board. I saw 12 packs + being carried on board. We brought a 6 pack of different kinds and I ordered a 6 pack of Caffeine free cokes cause they don't offer them. I have kidney stones and can't have caffeine. Yes I had to drink the tea at dinner. Many people had their own sodas. I wish the cruise line would change this and offer free sodas. Excursions: Florida-We did not want to go to Disney or Universal or spend lots of money so I researched Jetty Park. I loved it. Swimming in the ocean, walking on the pier and seeing turtles, very clean bathrooms, gift store, snack bar with lots of variety of foods. I did not cost us any money to get in the park by way of taxi. It did cost us $5 per person per trip to taxi there. $30 for a 8 mile trip was really high for a taxi. The taxi drive said to us that “ you won't like Jetty Park” cause he works for someone who owns business at Cocoa Beach. Cocoa Beach has high crime rate so be warned. The people at Jetty Park were so very kind and helpful. Thank you to them! A big storm came and shortened our stay but we had a great time. The taxi driver only took 5 minutes to come back and get us but then he tried to tell us we did not pay enough money and may have to pay more. WARNING! He told us we had the wrong tickets too. This stressed me out. I am glad we did not go to Disney cause they got rained on and could not ride the rides. We went back to the ship and ate Guys Burgers! I give a 5 out of 5 for Jetty Park. Nassau- We booked online a trip to a beautiful Ardastra Gardens and Zoo with a city tour included. I give it a 5 out of 5. I recommend this trip to anyone. Our bus driver “Carvin” was fantastic! He was fun and entertaining. He showed us all the interesting historic sites. Now I did see how trashy the people keep their yards and houses. They seem VERY poor. I saw old appliances in yards, broken down cars, old broken lawn mowers.... We stopped by a small vendor area by the Fort Charlotte. My husband and son bought some shirts for $7 each and the towels were $15 each. Prices were not bad. Young boys selling items and not in school? What was that all about? We then were driven to the zoo and beautiful gardens. It was very small compared to zoos in DC but I really enjoyed feeding the parrots. My son got to march with the flamingos too. I loved the place. Bring bug spray cause the biting bugs were bad. The Zoo brought some spray around for us to use which was very nice. It was an hour and a half which I wish it could be 2 hours long. I did not get to shop in the gift shop. They sell water and soda too. We gave our driver a nice tip at the end of the ride back to the dock area. We went back to the ship and dropped off our stuff and ate lunch then we went shopping at the Straw Market. Be careful with how much you tell them you have to spend. Talk them down on the items. I only had $22 dollars and one lady was asking $35 for a “hand made looking” album that hold post cards. She did take the $22 after I showed her how much I had. If you are with someone split your money up and don't tell them if your partner has more money. By the exit there are vendors that have $1 items like key chains and such. We did try to find the close beach but the Hilton Hotel was doing construction on a parking lot and we could not figure out how to get to the beach. We walked 2 miles to the Junkoo Beach and it was trashy. Drunk tourists were everywhere. One drink guy was hitting coral with a glass beer bottle in the water like playing baseball. We put our feet in cause we forgot our swimsuits on the ship. We walked back to the ship. And on our way by the Hilton Hotel there was a store “T-Shirts Unlimited” selling t-shirts 3/$10. We shopped there and found some nice shirts and gifts. They took credit cards too. We went back to the ship and ate dinner at Guys Burgers. Great day! Very hot and humid so take a mister or Frogg Togg with you. Freeport- Not a very pretty area to port but they have some shops were you get off the ship. We booked a trip to Paradise Cove, not through the ship. We were trying to get off the ship in time to make our transportation but tour groups were big and we could not get through and then they were stopping on the gang plank to take their pictures for the ship photographer. We missed our bus by only 15 minutes, but a very nice lady in a nice suit called the Paradise Cove owner and he sent out another bus to get us. They picked us up at 9:00am and we were off. Seeing how poor the people are of this island was very hard. People living in a concrete block 4 wall house with a roof and sometimes no windows was so hard to see. We arrived at Paradise Cove and paid for 2 snorkel adventures and one chair for my husband with umbrella. They said that the chair and umbrella were free but it still added up to $103. Transportation was $24 each. We brought our own gear too. I did use a free floating belt which I am glad I did cause it made it nice to not have to tread water. We took the mandatory safety training and off my son and I went. We walked out as far as we could then swam. My son got touched by Fire Coral by mistake from the tide pushing him down on it. It hurt for 45+ minutes but he was a trooper and kept going. He had trouble with his mask getting water in it and his snorkel kept not letting him breath. We found a group out in the water and there was a man with them that seemed like he was instructing them. I asked him if he could help my son and he did kindly. It was worth the money. We swam more than an hour and saw 50+ fish of all sizes. When we came back to shore I fell on the hard rocky surface that was very slippery about 2 feet from the sand area. I told the owner Barry that I fell and he got me ice and offered my son some vinegar for his fire coral sting. Now if you do come to Paradise Cove don't think it is a resort of any sort. It is small. It is a shelter with snack bar, equipment rental area and bathrooms. If you want the resort thing don't come here. I had a great time. We had to catch our bus back to the ship at 12:00. Our bus took us back in time to do some shopping. I got my best deal at one of the small tables. I got a shark tooth bracelet, Turquoise necklace, 2 turquoise bracelets, and turquoise ear rings for $20. Back on the ship and off we went. Got to see sharks by the restaurant on the way out. They feed them there. I give Paradise Cove a 4 out of 5. Wish they would advertise their prices before hand. Recreation on the Ship: There really was no recreation on the ship. There was contests like bean bag toss and Limbo contest. I wish there was more fun things to do. Trivia every day got old. Bingo cost $20-40. My suggestions are scavenger hunts for facts about the ship, hula hoop contests, relay races, beach ball games, basketball shooting contests, circle the words the fastest contest, putt putt contests like hole in one, ….. Rebekah did a great job even if she had a stalker following her everywhere-Austin. Loved the prizes for the games of trivia and bean bag toss. Loved the trophies and metals. The arcade is VERY hard to find. It took my husband and I 2 ½ days to find it. We played in there lots. You pay by your room key/Sail and Sign card and it adds up your tickets and you can “buy” small cheap prizes for the tickets. We had fun with the air hockey and skee ball. I put some money on my sons Sail and Sign card and let him have fun in the arcade. Ship: The ship is beautiful inside. In the eating area on Deck 9 it is VERY cold. Bring a sweat shirt and long pants. It was always clean and neat. The bathrooms are clean and well stocked. The Taj Mahal was FREEZING cold. This is where the bingo games were played and I froze. 80% of the rooms were balcony rooms. I went on line to find out what the ship had so I could plan accordingly but no where did it say exactly what was on the Price ship. My son took tennis shoes which came in handy at the basketball court. He wishes he took basketball shorts. The water slides were fun for him. I did not know there was a slash type area for young children till late in our trip. I love the Serenity area and pool for over 21 year old. No splashing in the pool just relaxing. You were to reserve a lounger or hammock but I just waited till the people were done and used it. The hammocks are great! Recommend the ship put more of those on the ship. I recommend showering off by the pool cause the salt water in the pools drys your skin. My husband would go to the bars all over the ship to get his soda in his cup he bought and he would be ignored. The bartenders did not want to wait on him cause there was no tip from him. Alcohol drinkers with tips were priority. Suggestions for the ship is to have one bartender help soda drinkers at the end of the bar or have free sodas. Suggestions of what to bring: Strong metal clip type magnets for the room. We hung our wet bathing suits over the sink in the bathroom. There is a small drying line in the shower. Strip electric cord for all the electronic items to be charged. There is only one outlet. Some decoration for your door so it is easy to find your door. Extra empty bags to take your purchases home with you. Underwater camera if snorkeling. They are sold for $18 at beach areas. We used a Travel card for the credit card for the Sail and Sign account so we could know how much we could spend. You can get these at any bank but be careful with the card cause your name is not on the card. We saved our money for months and deposited a large amount at one time cause they charge you a fee each time you deposit money on the card. Take another credit card just in case you over spend like we did. They ship has ATM machines and they have machines to tell you how much you spend. If you have more than one person on the account, you can see what they are spend the money on. This is how I knew how many sodas were being drank. Each time you get a soda they swipe your Sail and Sign card. Great to keep tabs on your children spending. For the ladies, bring a small shoulder strap purse. I bought a $1 Dollar Tree bag big enough to put my passport in and some cash. It worked great. I put the daily activity schedule in it and some cash for the Quarter drop game. I used it on excursions too. Lanyard for the Sail and Sign card. If you walk through the casino the first day they may be giving them out for free. Just ask. Ask the service desk to punch a hole in the card and you are good to go. The lanyard the casino gives you is stretchy and you don't have to take it off to make purchases.

Carnival Pride June 7-14 2015 Fantastic!

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by foxylady206

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

My comments are as follows:

Room:

Food:

Dining Room:

Soda Program:

Excursions:

Recreation on the Ship:

Ship:

Suggestions of what to bring:

Some decoration for your door so it is easy to find your door.

Extra empty bags to take your purchases home with you.

Underwater camera if snorkeling. They are sold for $18 at beach areas.

foxylady206’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6A 1229
Fantastic Room- Some noise from doors below room but after "quiet" hours were over. 7am-10pm. I loved watching them load the ship with all food and luggage. We decorated our door and window. After getting off at ports, we could see our room from outside. Fun!
Riviera Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• City Tour
    Nassau- We booked the Ardrasta Garden and Zoo with City tour. I loved it. Got to feed the parrots and walk with the flamingos. Our bus driver, Carvin, was fantastic and funny. Very entertaining! I would recommend this experience to all ages.
  • Snorkeling
    Paradise Cove- I found this location on the internet. Get off the ship early to miss the large tours and people getting pictures done. It was $24 transportation from ship and back. My son and I brought our own equipment and my husband got a Free chair and umbrella and coke. We used the free floatation belt. Cost for 3 people was $103. After safety talk, we swam for over an hour. I fell coming out of the water on the hard sand rock area. Given Ice for bruised hand and my son got stung by fire coral by mistake by the tide. Bus driver was nice. I recommend this experience to anyone who can swim and don't like the large resort areas.
    View All 92 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Ardastra Gardens
    See my description in the Baltimore spot. Great experience. Carvin was a great bus driver. He was funny and entertaining. Loved the tour and Loved zoo. Fed the parrots and walked with the flamingos!
    View All 65 Ardastra Gardens Reviews
  • Jetty Park, Florida
    I found a very inexpensive place to go and swim in the ocean and sun bathe. It only cost us the Taxi ride to and from ship. Warning! Taxi driver will tell you that we should not go there cause Cocoa Beach is better. He works for someone who has business at Cocoa Beach. Charged us $30 for a 4 mile ride. On way back tried to get us to pay more money!! Jetty Beach is free to enter. Free to swim. Great snack bar and Very clean bathrooms. Small gift store with really nice lady to help you. I recommend this place for anyone looking to save money. Storm cut our day short. Glad we did not go to expensive parks and no get to ride due to rain. You lost your money!
    View All 13,304 Jetty Park, Florida Reviews