Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review

Puget Sound

Queen of the Mississippi Cruise Review by StevieMcD

• Sail Date: Jun 2015
  • Destination: the USA

This was my 5th cruise with ACL. It happened to be in my neck of the woods so didn't have to fly to get there. The scenery was spectacular. I would have been content to just sit on the boat and sail around looking at the scenery. The food, as always, was excellent with plenty of choice and if you didn't see something you liked the kitchen seemed quite happy to fix what you wanted. The servers seemed a little inexperienced so service was not as good as I am used to on ACL. Same goes with the cleaning the cabins. They could have been more meticulous. Most of the senior management was excellent, with the exception of the Activities Director who seemed scatterbrained and unorganized. I felt that sometimes it was because of her that we left late for excursions. Entertainment was so so. I guess I could say it was adequate. The shore excursions were terrific except for the bus overheating on the way to Hurricane Ridge. And even that was interesting because we had 2 deer come down and were very friendly. The onboard naturalist was excellent and very helpful.

After all this carping, I have to say this was my 2nd favorite cruise with ACL and I will certainly use them again!!!!

StevieMcD's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Double w/veranda 313

My cabin was good sized and had a veranda which was very nice. The stewards could have been more meticulous. My room was not cleaned one day.

StevieMcD