Queen Victoria Cruise Review

Great ship - boring passengers!

Queen Victoria Cruise Review by 6woody7

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Canary Islands
  • Cabin Type: Princess Suite

This was our second cruise with Cunard - the first was on the Mary on the first leg of her World Trip.

The ship is beautifully appointed. We started off the cruise in a balcony cabin but after four days we moved to a cabin in the Princess Grill. As a consequence we ate in both the Brittania Dining room and the Princess Grill dining room and I have to say the food was excellent in both. The staff on the ship were pleasant and for the most part very helpful. The dining staff in both dining rooms were extremely pleasant, helpful and went that extra mile.

However, I am not sure this is the cruise line for us. The variety of lectures was limited. The entertainments on sea days were very limited - no movies, no cookery demonstrations or interesting and stimulating lectures. They did have Anne Widdecombe who was excellent. And all that dressing up every other evening. Who can be bothered! I have a large selection of evening and cocktail wear but when I'm on holiday I want to be casual so for that reason this cruise is not for us.

Furthermore Cunard are dumming down instead of elevating the content of their product. In future we will cruise on smaller ships with open dining and definitely no dressing up.

6woody7's Full Rating Summary

Princess Suite

The cabin was reasonably well appointed although the sofa could have done with clean upholstery. Towels were change frequently. Bathroom was pleasant.

6woody7