3. Island Escape
Booked two weeks on this ship in June 2015 but had to leave after the first week due to the rotten state of our cabin, poor food and ‘non inclusive’ (all inclusive) package. Thompson sells this as an ‘All Inclusive’ package but in reality only the minimum is supplied and everything else had to be upgraded. The ship itself is very tired and dated and is due to be de-commissioned. Clearly the operators have decided not to invest it its final season and as a result we found lots of defects both in the cabin and public areas. Service on-board is friendly but the guest relations team unable to assist with the most basic inquiry. If you enjoy a ‘holiday camp’ type experience then I think you would be ok, however to the more discerning traveller it falls well below the standards of even 1 star accommodation for a basic cabin. The food is very bland and repetitive with the buffet options just being continuously re-cycled. The drinks included with the all inclusive package are limited. In fact the crew were unable to tell me what larger I was drinking (although they use ‘fosters’ pumps to try and give the impression it’s a branded drink). All in all I would give this company a big wide birth and opt to go with one of the more established cruise operators.

Worst Holiday of My Life!

Island Escape Cruise Review by Mazda2000

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

Mazda2000’s Full Rating Summary
Get Thomson Cruises Island Escape price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OV
Very poor cabin in every way. Tatty and worn furnishings. Rusted and dirt window (we paid extra for). Rusted bathroom fittings, leaking tap and missing grouting.

More Thomson Cruises Island Escape Reviews