3. Seven Seas Voyager
This was our first Regent Cruise. We spend about 21 - 28 days per year at sea and unlike many luxury cruisers, we are not yet brand loyal. That said we have gone on Silversea most frequently, Oceania and this is our first Regent. We are now in our 50’s so believe we have outgrown some of the other lines from our younger years. So in some ways we considered this Regent Cruise as a move up. The Voyager is lovely. The cabins are well designed with more than enough storage. The public areas are also well appointed, understated and elegant. The art was noticeably plain compared to the Oceania Marina but still nice. Cabin service was excellent. Restaurant service not as good. Appeared to be a lack of pride with more focus on refilling salt shakers instead of clients needing more coffee or water. Seemed to not be enough staff. We noticed (as did a few chuckling tables around us) that horribly wrinkled tablecloths were put on tables. Overall we felt there was a lack of pride amongst the wait staff except in the Specialty restaurants where service was excellent. The other difference in the Specialty restaurants was the food quality. It was just better in Signatures and Prime 7. I had a veal chop in both Prime 7 and Compass Rose. The quality was night and day. Regarding the service, here were our issues: On our first day, May 23, we smelled a strong diesel odor in the cabin. It was present when we were still in port and it did not abate when we set sail from Barcelona. It was lingering when we returned from dinner but decided to go to bed. We both noticed it getting worse. It got so bad that finally at 1:00 am, I called Reception. In the age of The Concordia, food safety concerns on Silversea and many issues on various Carnival brands, frankly we were concerned about the effects of diesel and the possible mix with carbon monoxide. We were nauseated. The on duty Receptionist explained I was not the only one and to open the balcony door which I thought would make it worse. We opened the door and it did improve it. The noise of the water and the breeze however would not let us sleep. Many in our same general area of the ship commented or complained too. It went on for 2 nights and into the 3rd day. The Concierge left a voicemail explaining the process of refueling and the lingering odor. I have never smelled that in a cabin in 25 years of cruising. The next day I invited him to smell it personally where he acknowledged it was bad. In fact that he said he could smell it in his office too. I requested a room change - but was told they were full. Although the cruise is all-inclusive, I was shocked that nothing was offered. Nothing. When I stay at a five star hotel and there is an issue so horrendous, the guest is apologized to and offered something. Finally, the next day when I spoke to The General Manager, he did credit my internet service as a gesture of good will. He said "Miami" was aware of the diesel fuel complaints. He said that any requests for compensation would have to be taken up with Miami. We had two sleepless nights and were forced out of our cabin because of the odor. Another issue, though less serious, was the failure to inform me about an onboard credit bought by my sister and a gift of chocolates to be delivered to the room - neither of which happened. They finally acknowledged a mistake in the "upload" and finally the onboard credit was applied on final day. We did not want the chocolates on the last day. My sister should have been credited for those. She wasn't. So disappointing. Last few: We were waiting in the Observation Lounge for a table in Sette Bello with our friends in suite 1104. The Maître in the Italian restaurant told us he would call when the table was ready. He said he notified the Observation bar to tell us they were ready. We heard the phone. The Bartender never told us though we identified ourselves to him as waiting for a call. On the last night, I ordered a Martini in Signatures. It was made by accident with lemon versus olives. Instead of remaking it, the same martini was returned but with olives so it tasted like lemon and they had to replace it anyway. On returning from Europe I sent an email to Regent Guest Relations and waited a week. No response other than the auto-acknowledgement. Then I emailed the CEO. Waited another week. No response their either. I am wondering with the NCL take-over if they are just in total turmoil. So again, there were some wonderful excursions, the Specialty restaurants were great and the ship is lovely. Overall our limited experience, and perhaps it is because we were first-timers, does not endear us at all to Regent. Oceania was a great experience but that was before NCL so not sure now if that will change too.

Lack of Response - Regent Voyager: Barcelona to Lisbon

Seven Seas Voyager Cruise Review by televisu

• Sail Date: May 2015
  • Destination: Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Suite

Regarding the service, here were our issues:

televisu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Seven Seas Voyager price drops

Deluxe Suite
Cabin H 727
Cabin was beautiful and Steward was excellent. Cabin design is excellent with tons of storage. The sitting are is spacious and the bathroom beautiful. All good except for more than 48 hours of diesel fuel odor in the cabin!
Deck 6 Suite Cabins

• Upper Rock Walking Tour
    Also excellent. Got the most out of the visit. Right amount of info and time on your own. Also a lot of walking. Love the fact that the guide had such pride in Gibraltar.
    View All 13,276 Upper Rock Walking Tour Reviews
  • highlights of lisbon
    Nothing special here but frankly on our last day, that was ok. Did the Maritime museum which would not have been on our list. Would have liked 30 minutes to walk around, see some of the shops etc.
    View All 13,276 highlights of lisbon Reviews
  • Alhambra Palace and Gardens
    Well organized. Excellent Guide. We loved it. Coach was comfortable, not too crowded. Everyone did a great job. There is a lot of talking but we are good with that!
    View All 52 Alhambra Palace and Gardens Reviews
  • Seville on Your Own
    Took advantage of the trip transport to visit friend who have an apartment there. The coach was comfortable, driver excellent and the guide was informative while not overwhelming on the almost two hour ride.
    View All 24 Seville on Your Own Reviews