3. Norwegian Breakaway
Day 1 checking in was very easy. Once on board the ship we found our cabin 12020 mini suite. Cabin not bad, however since the ship is only two years old there were things that could have been better. Bathroom was a nice size bit the outside of the tube was broken up. As far as the balcony ( if that is what you wanted to call it ) was so small that you had to face one another to sit on it. This was the first time I have ever saw any balcony this small. After unpacking it was time to go explore the ship. We walked around and noticed that there are a lot of very young families on board and that means a lot of rug rats running around. So if you don't mind a lot of kids than this ship is for you. The second thing I noted that people were drinking a lot of liquor and I mean a lot, when I went to the bar and asked for 6 bottles of water I had to repeat it many times ( six bottles of water is $27.00) I think much younger people had the free liquor card and was putting it to good use. For dinner this first night at sea we ate at LeBristo there is a fee ( $20.00 PP and if you order lobster it another $10.00, French of course) the food was excellent and we plan to go there again on the last nigh of the cruise. After dinner we walked around the ship. My advice is stay away from the casino ( decks 6,7 & 8 ) the smell of smoke is so bad you need a mask. Well it was time to call it a night. Very long day. Day 2 first day at sea Got up around 7:00 the ship was nice and quiet, shower there was a lot of hot water. Went to breakfast at Savor, this is a small dining room on the 6 deck. This was the place to go for a quiet breakfast, however in a short time the families with the rug rats started to arrive and it was my time to exit and find a nice quiet spot on the ship. Deck 8 is that perfect spot. Nice chairs to sit and watch the ocean and read. It is a very beautiful day at sea. The sun is out and the breeze is very soft, no clouds and very calm waters. It's now 11:00 and I see the drinkers are walking around with there cocktails all ready. We also have to move from this nice stop because there are painting the rails and the smell is to strong for me, maybe it's time for a walk. Well it 1:30 and going to lunch in the Taste restaurant. It is a small area mostly 50 and older ( no kids ) thank god. After linch we went up to the zoo called the Garden Cafe just to see the goings on and it's very interesting. Thousand of kids running in every direction, people eating with their mouth full of food and there mouth was open to put more food in before they swallowed what they were eating. Left there very fast. If I did not know better I would think I was on a carnival ship ( and I never been on one ). One other thing even, through their is an area were people can smoke outside, people are smoking all over outside and if you don't like it, than you have to move ( and I did 3 times today ). I'm resting for dinner, I'll take a bath, don't have to waste my make up for this crowd so I don't have to do that. We are going to LaCucina tonight, this is another fee $15.00 PP. food was good in the Italian restaurant, but very filling. Tomorrow another day at sea can't wait for the rug rats to be running up and down the hall. I want to trip them so bad LOL. I took a sleeping pill at 9:30 pm and at midnight I was still awake because on the noise. I I did not know better I would think I was on carnival and I never been on that line. Day 3 at sea all day We are one hour ahead of east coast and I'm up at 6:00, it's nice because it so quite. I don't think I said that the music is so loud by the pool , and that is deck 15 you can still hear the music on deck 8 were we sit. Well off to breakfast , We were seated and it was nice and quite for about ten minutes then a family was put next to us, just two kids I'd say 4 & 5 and they starter yelling and crying, that lasted about 5 minutes so I got up and left. I went to custom service desk to find out when there was a kid free zone and I was told no were none because if the parents what to go they can take the kids and yet when I called NCL to find out if a lot of kids were On board I was told they don't have that information . You mean that NCL has no clue about the number of kids since there free? Please don't get my wrong, I think kids are cute when they are well behaved. You know the old saying " you only get what you pay for" and NCL is not for me. Now I'm very nervous about the celerity cruise in February. Todays actives on board are some of the following: there recommending getting Restylane or Botox, who the hell would go on a cruise to get this? We they say sometimes you feel like a nut. You could also have a behind the scenes tour of the ship, it's funny I remember when it was free not there is a fee for that. Cruising has taken on a hole different meaning from years ago. What happen to the days you would get dressed up for dinner? I quess the cruise lines found that if you say come casual ( jeans and shorts for dinner )and enjoy all the food you can stiff in your face then people would come, oh and by the way bring your kids for free. Well I got much need sleep this afternoon, after taking sleeping pills for two nights and only getting two hours sleep you can see that I needed it. After getting ready for dinner, tonight was the steak house Cagney's. This place is 30.00 PP, Dinner was very good, however dinner in all the specialty restaurants on board any ship is good. We have not seen any shows on board because you must make reservations to get in. Well it's time to go back to the cabin and get some rest before the rug rats start running up and down the halls tonight. Day 4 We are in port at Bermuda, just got a call from home saying that are car must be moved and when I told them I checked on Friday to see if I had to move it I was told they had no idea. PLEASE, if I ever say in going on a cruise again stop me. Took the bus to Hamilton from royal dock ( bus are not that interesting here compared to Philadelphia LOL )the main city in Bermuda, it took about 60 minutes and was very colorful walking around the city not much has changed since we have been here 5 times. We decided to take. a ferry back to royal dock,travel time was 20 minutes. I did see one old drunk and he did not ask for money. Going to take a nap for now. Dinner tonight is at Teppanyaki ( Japanese this one is $25.00PP will let you know how it was. Maybe if I drink a lot of cocktails I might see thinks differently. Can you believe that today was the first time I met my cabin Stewart and the only reason I met him is because my AC was not working real well and the cabin was hot. I asked him for some thin rope, he had a puzzled look on his face and I said it's to trip those little rug rats when they run down the hall, and he would not give me any, I just want to have a little fun also. I wanted to see how far there rug rats could fly would fly when I pulled the rope. Dinner was very good tonight ( thank god it was not to much food, just enough ) it was also good watching the Chiefs making the food in front of you. After dinner made a phone call and then back to the cabin for sleep. Day 5 I want no breakfast, I'm sick of food, time to start cutting back. We are going on a boat ride today to see famous homes & hideaways should be fun. This was the best tour 3 hours on the water, went up beautiful coves that you could never see by land. Best think of the week, and no dam kids. Now we are on the local bus back to Hamilton for an afternoon walk. We met an interesting couple On the tour today from the suburbs of Philadelphia I would say you think you have it bad until you talk to this couple. There son was with them and he was 19, they said there in philly a lot because there son just had a heart transplant . This young man was so polite it was a pleasure talking to him and his family. I also saw something very interesting on the bus, someone young was sitting in a seat and an older person got on the bus he got up and let the older person sit down, I can't tell you the last time I saw that at home. I also notice so many women with tattoos both young and older, what's up with that, are they nuts what happens when that skin gets saggy. The only thing I would have tattooed is the liner around my eyes. I also was to to a few women and they told me that security had to come to the pool because some little kid was punching his mother. One last thing, I now feel that this line dose not want the older crowd because there are no magnifying mirrors in a the cabin so I can't see at all, I even look good with no makeup LOL. Going back to the steak house tonight so I know dinner will be good. Just have to make sure I save some wine to wash down my sleeping pill tonight, Day 6 After breakfast we walk around the royal dock yard. We also took in a show at Dauphin quest and that was fun. Met a few couples on the celebrity ship that's in dock and we were comparing notes about the two ships. Very few kids on there ship. I also went to the market to see how prices are here since everything has to be shipped in. One litter of gas $8.50 Load of bread $5.75 One gallon of milk $6.50 Small bottle of water $1.50 Real estate 2B/2B condo start at one million dollars and you must be a native to Bermuda saw a few homes for sale yesterday, starting at 60 million. And we were told that the market is down at this time. Back on board the ship to leave at 5:00 tonight, will be back in NY on Sunday. It was not to bad but don't have to do Bermuda again after 5 times here I think that enough, and I will never go on NCL again , that was a joke. Dinner tonight will be the Italian restaurant. Day 7 Well today is a full day at sea, I really like being at sea its so relaxing however I'm not sure about this ship. In looking back do your research and sham on me for not doing it this time. I have been on NCL at least 5 times but it was never like this. I think it's good for a family with small kids because kids do go free but my days going on NCL has come to an ending. This is not the line for me anymore. Looking forward to leaving tomorrow and going back home. Tonight we are ending were we starter back at the French restaurant for dinner. Good luck in your travels. One last note, if you order room service there is a charge of $6.95 per order. I've never saw this charge before on any ship. NCL is learning the art of nickel and dine you to death. They should also do a lesson on how to conduct yourself in public, how to use silverware and how to have some class instead of Botox and restylane lessons, but they make money on that. This had to be the worst cruise we were ever on.

The worst cruise ever

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by 1dkramer

• Sail Date: June 2015
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony
Day 1

Well it was time to call it a night. Very long day.

Day 2 first day at sea

Day 3 at sea all day

Day 4

Day 5

Day 6

Load of bread $5.75

One gallon of milk $6.50

Small bottle of water $1.50

Dinner tonight will be the Italian restaurant.

Day 7

Tonight we are ending were we starter back at the French restaurant for dinner.

Good luck in your travels.

This had to be the worst cruise we were ever on.
1dkramer’s Full Rating Summary